Advertise your guilds, towns and any other groups you may have!
By Agentred
Ryu Aurora wrote:
Agentred wrote:
lineant wrote:Hello, some of you may know, but I gave Roobean a Spawn Realm (x75, z25) over a month ago, which I paid 300k for from Shampoo_lord. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7025
The argument here is that spawn realms are limited, and people are tired of seeing flat realms again and again. There are tons of people dying to get their hands on such a realm, with plans of amazing builds. Of course it's frustrating for them when they see realms like Roobeans, which remain flat for weeks and weeks.

Of course the counter argument is that Roobean owns it therefore he can do whatever he wants. Another valid argument.

Don't go all against Lineant here guys - He's only suggesting something be done with the realm he gave away.
If this was about the realms appearance, I might not be so blunt. Thing is, Line mentions what he payed for it immediately. This is just someone who realizes that they screwed themselves, and are hoping general opinion will let them reverse that. If I gave away a realm and left for awhile, regardless, I would PM said person about it upon my return. If they said they had plans, I would respect that and defend their actions from that point onward.

You attempt at neutrality is noticed, but uneeded. This thread is akin to the garbage that occurs when someone dies and loses something in pvp and wants it back. Once its gone, nobody is obligated to give it back unless it was agreed upon before hand.
I'm really not trying to side with Lineant here. It's very understandable that people become frustrated when players do nothing with their spawn realms. A lot of players have big plans for spawn realms, but they are incredibly difficult to get - So it's quite painful to see those who do own spawn realms doing absolutely nothing for such a long time.

I'm not saying Roobean isn't going to eventually build something, I'm sure he is. I'm only pointing out that Lineant has a fair argument. I remember once it became so much of an issue, staff had to intervene and say "If people don't put something on empty spawn realms, they will be sold."
By Susan_Boyle
@Agent - So you're saying that if Arcane were to aquire an empty spawn realm, and wanted to construct something similar in detail to the Arcane Orb, which obviously took a lot of planning in SSP to create, and then to refine to the point where it was ready to be constructed on MineRealm, you would be fine with staff and other players telling you to either build something that was not ready, or sell the realm to someone who would build immediately?

Nah, don't think so.

I think that your realm is your realm, and you should be able to do with it what you wish (within reason), and that when Lin gave away his realm, he lost all rights to decide it's future - whether Roobean wants to include him in the design process/give him the realm is up to him.
By Ryu Aurora
Agentred wrote: I'm really not trying to side with Lineant here. It's very understandable that people become frustrated when players do nothing with their spawn realms. A lot of players have big plans for spawn realms, but they are incredibly difficult to get - So it's quite painful to see those who do own spawn realms doing absolutely nothing for such a long time.

I'm not saying Roobean isn't going to eventually build something, I'm sure she is. I'm only pointing out that Lineant has a fair argument. I remember once it became so much of an issue, staff had to intervene and say "If people don't put something on empty spawn realms, they will be sold."
First, I will adress your counter argument.

-I never said you were siding with Lineant. I said that you were trying to be neutral. You still are. This is a good thing, but in this situation, completely ignoring his complaint is totally valid.

-I agree. I see realms near spawn all the time that I would like to own. However, everyone must wait for it to either become public or be sold to them.

-This is not an out of control situation. This is one person who wants what is no longer theirs.

Now, for something that is starting to bother me.
You regularly say Roobean is a he. Personally, I do not care about Roobeans gender, but this is extremely disrespectful. If Roo is a he, and wants to be addressed as a she, then we should respect that. If Roo is a she (which I will take her word on) then you are repeatadly calling her a man. I find either situation to be detestable.

Respect the player, and call Roo a she. Respect Roobean, and ignore this thread.
By Agentred
Yeah, you've got some fair points, guys. I was only expressing my opinion, didn't mean to start such a debate here :?

Anyhow, Roobean, don't feel pressured, you don't have to do anything with the realm. Although you should totally sell it to me ;p
By Vailure
TechnoProdigy wrote:This thread is idiotic. You gave Roobean a realm as a gift, you have no control over what Roobean does with it.
I vote Cobble towers...
By Ryu Aurora
Vailure wrote:
TechnoProdigy wrote:This thread is idiotic. You gave Roobean a realm as a gift, you have no control over what Roobean does with it.
I vote Cobble towers...
I vote gravel huts and a dirt/cobble wall. With some sand thrown in at random. Oh, and a flaming ball of Soulsand and netherrack hovering over it.
By Ninjalo
C. I say we sell it to Chubsy. He has alot of work to do, and squeezing it into that tiny realm is hard. That extra space could help him out alot.

Chubsy would happily pay the 300k for it.
By The-Jack-DeCk
Option A: Auction it off.

The point of you giving the realm away was that something could be done with it. A free realm? Now everybody will want it, and they will make empty promises to get it. Auctioning it off will result in two things (shown below).
1: The new owner will have payed enough credits to feel the need to do something with it.
2: Roobean, the only player involved with the situaution that is going to feel bad about this option, will have essentially gotten a ton of free credits.
By Chubsy
Ninjalo wrote:C. I say we sell it to Chubsy. He has alot of work to do, and squeezing it into that tiny realm is hard. That extra space could help him out alot.

Chubsy would happily pay the 300k for it.

I have made a puzzle house type of building on this server befour, and everyone that tried it loved it. only problem was it was 4k blocks away from spawn. If i was to make one closer to spawn, it would give alot of new / bored players something to do that doesnt need them to travel thru the nether. so id say auction it or give it away to someone that would do something with it.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]