Advertise your guilds, towns and any other groups you may have!
By dlgn
Vulnerability wrote:Image
Just...what the hell?

LGBT people who are upset that they're more than four times as likely to be victims of hate crimes...are like whining toddlers?

Black people who are upset that any black person is less likely to be selected for a job than a white felon with equal qualifications...are like whining toddlers?

Women who are upset that they have a 20-25% chance of being sexually assaulted sometime in their life...are like whining toddlers?

Yeah, not buying it.

I go to the trouble of writing a long post explaining why I think it's inappropriate, and you respond by calling me a whiny toddler? That's an immature response, and a violation of rule 13.
By TechnoProdigy
Dlgn, literally nobody on the fourms here want to hear you rant on and on about Social Justice. Just please for your own reputation and sake, just stop.

You are horribly over-analyzing stuff like this and somehow tying it in with completely unrelated topics.

This isn't me trying to be mean to you or picking on you, this is me honestly telling you that this behavior is only making yourself seem worse.
By krinbros
dlgn wrote:
TeeJayDub wrote:
dlgn wrote:This thread is a disgusting, practically propagandic mockery of social justice that seeks to discredit it by making activists look like overreacting idiots. You guys are jerks.
So you think it's fine to call other people jerks (contemptibly foolish) because you interpret their light-hearted tomfoolery as an attack on social justice? Might be time to take a breath of fresh air and stop over-interpreting everything, dlgn...
Overinterpreting? TJ, the whole joke is "lol look at how stupid and petty social justice activists are".

I'd like to specifically address the part about "tomfoolery", because it's a variant of the "it's just a joke" excuse. I don't see, and never have, how something being a joke makes it automatically acceptable. To me, it seems like saying "calm down, it's just a joke" is just another way of saying "I don't care about how it affects other people; it amuses me, and that's what matters." Jokes are extremely powerful as a form of propaganda; take the infamous Jim Crow, for example, used to justify racist laws in the US for a long time. When someone makes a joke about activists, people who see it think "lol, stupid overreacting activists", which leads to people ignoring important things they say; just like the "feminazi" stereotype was harmful because it discredited feminism, the social justice warrior stereotype is harmful because it acts as a way to shut down valid conversation on the topic of social and legal equality (look at some of Techno's responses to my posts on the subject for examples). I probably shouldn't have called you jerks, I know you didn't intend to do anything wrong, but it gets very frustrating dealing with constant mockery.

If anyone would like to continue this conversation, please do so in my randomness thread.
I think your first mistake was taking everything on here serious.
By jailbird556
The problem is, that even in jest you can say anything and it will be offensive to someone.

I believe there say rule that says that you cannot say anything that is offensive to people but like I said above everything is offensive to someone.

People' opinions at any time are offensive to some other individuals, that is why political matters, religion, and even some human rights issues are extremely taboo subjects.

Although I don't completely agree with dlgn I can see where he is coming from. That being said I feel dlgn is overreacting and he needs to refrain from commenting in order to stop this becoming a huge flame war. I would not have seen this as a touchy subject but apparently it is even as a joke.
By eah
dlgn wrote:"lol, stupid overreacting activists"
I guarantee 99% of us reading this thread didn't think this. And most or all of the participants probably never intended it to be a mockery either. This is why people are saying you're over-interpretting.
By dlgn
eah2119 wrote:
I guarantee 99% of us reading this thread didn't think this. And most or all of the participants probably never intended it to be a mockery either. This is why people are saying you're over-interpretting.
You didn't consciously, but tell me then, what's the joke?

Furthermore, I specifically asked for people to post on my thread to stop from derailing this one. Vulnerability was the one who posted an insulting image in response.
By Grelman
dlgn wrote:
eah2119 wrote:
You didn't consciously, but tell me then, what's the joke?

Furthermore, I specifically asked for people to post on my thread to stop from derailing this one. Vulnerability was the one who posted an insulting image in response.
The only one derailing this thread is you. You were the first person to make the over reactive statement that the people who started this little joke, about how a non sentient creature in a video game was being used by others, are jerks. Because they in some way reminded you of similar real life struggles. You stated that this thread is making activists look like overreacting idiots. Well youre doing a better job of that then either Pie or anyone else involved with this little joke could. It has absolutely no basis in reality. People with no sense of humor and no tolerance of others with sense of humor I absolutely cannot stand. If you go through your life being completely offended by most things presented to you you're not going to be very happy. But I suppose thats your choice. Its not like we dont realize how the causes you drew attention to affected and still affect people. Its just that they have next to nothing to do with a virtual game, and NO ONE intended it to.
By dlgn
I started the conversation, realized it had no place in this thread, and tried to end it.

The whole joke of the thread is that it's a parody of activists who are against work camps!

You can't just make fun of someone and then say "woah woah it's just a joke, calm down."

Now, I'm going to say this one more time.

STOP

ARGUING

IN

THIS

THREAD
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]