Advertise your guilds, towns and any other groups you may have!
I'm writing a book on MineRealm guys (not a physical book, a book in Minecraft) and I've never really liked to research stuff, so I'd like all the information and suggestion for the book from vets (and even new players) for the book which would be greatly appreciated.
Here is your chance to recall your favourite and most memorable nostalgic memories and show everyone how much you know! Everyone will get a chance to read the book once it's done. And in case anybody's not sure what they can write, I'll be looking for the following:

-Accounts of the different spawns, what they looked like, when there were multiple ones, etc.
-Accounts of the first cities and factions.
-Minerealm before the earlier wipe(s).
-Memorable players (builders, pvpers, etc.)
-What the community was like roughly 2-3 years ago, the way the environment has changed.
-Kress?
-A list of all the mods (I can onlt remember Jdankk)
-Huge community projects.
-And so on and so forth.. any useful information you can all muster :D

Thanks everyone! I'd like to have this book done soon, so the more you can all help the better. I personally have been on Minerealm for 2 years, but I think it's important that information from the earlier days are recounted.
And just so you all know, I'm going to be splitting the history into ages, which will be determined by each wipe. So If you can all help, I'd like the dates and the number of wipes that Minerealm has undergone.
daimond_boss wrote: -Kress?
May be something you want to leave alone...
FrostyBirth wrote:
daimond_boss wrote: -Kress?
May be something you want to leave alone...
Nah, Kress and NTC were important parts of MR history. Now, of course, they're best remembered for the shenanigans that got them banned, but before that they were very influential and worth including in an account of the server's history. This is especially true for their dominance in PvP at the time, making the nether a truly dangerous place and even leading to multiple rule changes about spawn camping.
Yeah. I mean.. who doesn't know about hitler?

Anyways, the following are a few more things I've thought I may want information on:
-Minerealm before the realm system.
-Lightbulbs!
-The Purges and the 'forbidden' server.. If it may be allowed. Is it okay, staff/intelli?

And Bsgsam, I'd love to take those books. They are definitely of great interest to me.
The wiki is actually a decent resource when it comes to researching things of historical significance.

I'd recommend looking there for starters and then message me if you want to know more. I've been around for 3 years so I do like to think I know quite a bit about the server in general.
daimond_boss wrote:-Minerealm before the realm system.
As far as I've remembered it had a realm system, it was just VASTLY different. You had to place and remove some ridiculous number of blocks in an area, then you could claim it. You only got to be a member of ONE REALM, which expanded over time by adding/removing blocks within its borders. The leaders could set a /realm warp where you could simply teleport to your land, and you had options to turn on or off TNT damage and other fun things.

(Personally I much preferred that way... although the expansion of land led to some glitches and an inability to really do a clean public land wipe. The idea always reminded me of the Civilization games...)
Well, guys, what are you waiting for? I know that a BUNCH of you have HUGE stories to tell!

Oh, and Dai, one good way to do research on MineRealm's history is to browse through the forum all the way back to the beginning.

~dlgn
Old pvpers - Kress, Lightbulbs, Ninjalo

Maybe say something about Intelli not allowing certain blocks within the realms around spawn.

If I remember right, there were multiple spawns you had to apply for in order to get it for your city.

Old [Admins] (they are now called staff: should be noted in the book.)
Shampoo_Lord
LM108

All I can remember right now.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]