Advertise your guilds, towns and any other groups you may have!
Shampoo_Lord wrote:
Wxclm wrote:Should make a walk in Library at spawn that has books containing the history of Minerealm :)
No history of MineRealm would be complete without the "Misadventures of Shampoo_Lord and Wxclm".
This section needs and deserves an entire book to itself.

Also don't forget about Apoc and that awful time when I was bullied by Intelli, Shampoo and Wxclm :|
I feel like a history thread is something that could benefit from my rambling, so I might as well write something up. Will it be history? Will it be amusing anecdotes? Will be alchohol fueled figments of my imagination? These questions and more will not be answered, so gather round little nooblets, and listen to Uncle Kerovon ramble. Today, I shall regale you with the story of Seuter's Mistake.

Back in the old days, (though not too far back. I remember that health was enabled, which it didn't use to be (this will be important later, try to keep track (and yes, I put a parenthetical statement inside a parenthetical statement)). However, there was none of this newfangled "hunger" or "satiation". It was just health. You kids these days keep trying to make everything so complex), well before I was a mod, I went exploring. I was looking around for anything interesting, and as I was wandering along a coastline (or river. Or something. The memory is one of the first things to go when you get ancient and all. That, and your patience with you noobs.) I noticed an odd waterflow. It looked like the water was just pouring into a cavern, but it didn't look overly natural. I decided to go check this out, and see what was causing it.

Now before I get too far, I should give some background, because I realize that most of you have never even heard of Seuter. Seuter was one of the old mods. I believe he had Deerwalk and SavestheDazed as contemporaries, along with few others. This was after the days of glory with Catzoo (who was one of the greatest mods we have ever had. Far better than the lazy pack of good for nothings currently modding this server. Catzoo had to control the server back in the wild days, when there wasn't any of this fancy "block logging" or "rollbacks". If a mod wanted to catch a griefer, they had to catch them in the act. Incidentally, this led to Catzoo and his leaving the server in a blaze of glory.

See, back then, Catzoo was good at catching griefers. He regularly would check on players, and make sure they were on the level. He was one of the very first minerealm players I interacted with, when he tp'd to me when I was mining for coal right when I started out. But enough rambling, back to finish my other digression, about Catzoo's Blaze of Glory. He caught a griefer, and banned him. However, this griefer managed to beg his way to an unban, where he promptly began griefing again. This angered Catzoo, so he rebanned the griefer. He then banned all of the other staff. And every player currently online. Then every player name he could remember. Then he worked his way through our forum threads (back before we had our own forum, and were just a thread on a general minecraft one), and banned every username he could find. Eventually, everything was straightened out, but for one glorious night, he ended all griefing on the server. We should all shed tears remembering his gallant sacrifice to bring peace onto the land.)

So, now that we have established the timeframe, back to the story. I was exploring, and found a huge cavern. And not a natural cavern either. It started just below the surface, and went down to bedrock. It wasn't empty either. All of the dirt, gravel, ores, water, and lava was still there. Its just, there wasn't an ounce of smoothstone in the place. It must have been 200x200 at least, and all of that ore was just sitting there. I figured that the chunks must have screwed up in generation, so I decided to explore it. I had a bucket of water I used to form bridges between floating ore chunks, and descended down into the depths.

After a few hours, I was reasonably sure I had found all of the important things (read: diamonds), because diamonds were especially valuable then (back before any of this enchantment business, or any way to get diamonds other them pulling them out of the hard ground one by one). So, I decided that people should know about this natural wonder, and let the mods of the time know about it. When I did, the response I got was ”Someone found it? We had wondered where it had gone".

Turns out, this was back when the mods still had the command /removenear. Seuter was testing the command. He intended to remove something in a small radius (maybe cactus? I don't remember if we had cactus then or not, so lets go with cactus. It doesn't really matter). So, he tried to remove all cactus in a one block radius of him with "/removenear 1 81". Unfortunately for Seuter, it is block id first, than radius, so he removed all smoothstone for 80 blocks in all directions. He then panicked, teleported away, and forgot where it had been.

As a result of Seuter's Mistake, /removenear was modifed to not let you remove stuff below you. Additionally, we gained a fun multi level playground for navigating in (Which would be a good PVP arena for these days, unlike those boring flat planes you noobs seem to favor. If you aren't taking advantage of interesting terrain in all things, you are doing minecraft wrong).

Now, what was the point of this story? I don't really remember. And what are all of you doing on my lawn? GET OFF MY LAWN! DON'T MAKE ME TURN ON MY SPRINKLERS, YOU LITTLE NOOBS. GET!
The Touhou Community of 2011

Back in creative 2.0 of May, 2011 was my first time every joining minerealm. I was a absolute newb of minecraft. Wanting to join a community and a server that is nice. My friend whom I forget her minecraft user name, invited me to join a community on this servers creative mode. Now for those who don't know about this. Back upon my date of joining. Minerelam had two, if not three modes. The two I remember being laggy survival and awesome creative. Now minerealms creative mode was basically survival on peaceful with items you can drop and pick up to reset their durability. Also to note, both servers chat was merged with [C] representing creative and representing survival

Now with that out of the way. Upon my joining. I ventured to my friends place on the creative server which was near by spawn. for about a month or two we stayed, suffering heavy greifing occasional. Then one day when I logged on, our community had moved to teh borders of teh creative server. Near savedthedazed cave it was. Our community was small at first after the move, but some of my friends on facebook who got minecraft I invited, and so did my friends invite theirs as well, and well we was big. It was a touhou themed community. Most being dressed and/or named after characters from touhou. A game that was becoming quite popular in japan and america. Me being the odd one dressed as gir from invader zim thought it was an anime. XD

Back then I was a newb of building, often making my house under ground. Though my style improved with some builds I screened such as "The Great touhou bridge", and the "ruins on the border of gensokyo" which quite surprisingly lead to an underground/underwater cave system with a few dungeons. With some builds I assisted in was the okuu lava falls and the entei that my friend tewi lived in. During this time of the awesome community, S2 would come over to chat, have fun, help build and do redstone and minecart technical stuff. Sometimes we would watch lightbulbs do his thing.

Now a few months later after the move I guess it was, I ventured over to the survival server. For me it was laggy. Upon joining I asked to join a group. If I remember his user name correctly. TerranceJones of foxtopia said I would have you. This will be another story. Now after witnessing how laggy survival was, I rarely came on it after entering my room withing foxtopia. Now shortly after joining survival, I am guessing a month or two. Minerelam update to 3.0 I guess. Can't really recall. But I do remember it was just after mojang added creative mode, and minerealm converted creative survival to official creative mode. My friends found this change to have lost its fun with almost all jumping ship within teh few days and the rest leaving months after, and well thats when I started with living in survival with teh guys of foxtopia. Again that will be another story.

proofread this and corrected to the best of my knowledge. don't nag about what I didn't do please. ._.
The Other Server: A Brief History of The Second Great Purge (by dlgn)

Back in the good ol' days, MineRealm was populous and thriving. Then, one day, Planephanatic got banned. After his banning, he went on to found a server (that we aren't allowed to name, hence "The Other Server") that was initially for banned MineRealm players. It used a plot/economy plugin that was very similar to MineRealm's own. It spread swiftly through the community of banned users, and eventually ended up reaching MineRealm itself, through both word of mouth and direct advertisements from Plane and his crew. Players started leaving MineRealm to go play on The Other Server with their banned friends, and MineRealm started falling apart.

Intelli accused Plane of copying his plugin and stealing his intellectual property; I personally cannot verify or refute his claims, not knowing much about the system myself, but we can assume that Intelli's accusation was, to some extent, justified. Many debates were had, flames were tossed around, and posts were deleted. Eventually, as a last-ditch attempt to prevent MineRealm from decaying into nothingness, Intelli set up a system to automatically ban users who played on The Other Server, leading to the Second Great Purge of MineRealm. He was gracious enough to unban those who had played on the server before becoming aware of the rule, but many players refused to repent, and subsequently remained banned, or even, in a few cases, permabanned. These included some of the Greats of the time, such as Texas "The Law" Hitman, as well as many others.

Shortly after the Great Purge, Plane shut down the server, and users who had played on it started slowly trickling back. MineRealm had still decreased greatly, however, which was most likely part of Intelli's motivation for creating Operation OP, an advertising campaign that brought us players by the thousands. More recently, an influx of players who had gone on the other server made appeals that were, for the most part, accepted; some of them left MineRealm again after seeing how much it changed after so many of its influential members had been banned. Altogether, it's hard to pin the blame on one person (well, maybe Plane to some extent), but it was a huge fiasco that had a very negative effect on MineRealm. After Op OP, things started changing for the better, but that's another story.

~dlgn
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]