Advertise your guilds, towns and any other groups you may have!
By Slathalin
so this is one of my current decks. could I possibly have some feedback please? thanks! :)
By Slathalin
I agree! :) In the case that I do take out one or two angel's mercy, what would you advise I replace it with?
By Aelcalan
The MOST IMPORTANT THING in deckbuilding is to know EXACTLY how your deck wins, and design it around that; yours is largely a human/soldier swarm deck, so a knight with Exalted (Knight of Glory) isn't actually doing much there. I would also suggest that Conjurer's Closet is only slowing you down, unless you have some more enters-the-battlefield effects to add in and get real mileage out of it.

Second is consistency. Way, WAY too many one-ofs in there. You want to have a pretty good idea of what to expect, rather than just have to take whatever your deck coughs up. Throw in a couple more Divine Favors, they're good, and are an example of GOOD lifegain. I'd then drop those Angel's Mercys like a bad habit; unless you're running something else that capitalizes on lifegain, they're just prolonging defeat rather than winning the game. Of course, lifegain bolted onto something else decent (as the earlier Divine Favors) is always nice, such as with Lifelink. Seraph of Dawn, for example (it's one of my personal favourites, actually).

I'd swap Righteous Blow for another Pacifism or some other creature removal. Rain of Blades is really only situationally useful, so I'd put that in a sideboard if you feel like weeny swarms are actually a problem in your area. You might need to search for 'em, but Disenchant or Revoke Existence are better versions of Demystify, and either is a REALLY good idea to have around. It busts up a number of combos, and totally wastes anything dependent on artifacts/enchants.

You might want to throw a couple more lands in, too. The usual ratio is 24 land, 36 spells, but White is mana-efficient and good with weenies, so if you plan out your curve (how many spells have CMC 1, how many have CMC 2, etc), you can probably tinker with that a bit. It just depends what the deck needs. Given that you don't need to worry about color-fixing, you can also try and find some lands that do other things, and turn a land slot into a two-for-one extra effect.

Last but not least, you might look into formats, and see if you want to make your deck Standard-compliant. Probably not, since it seems like you're playing it with friends, and it takes some spending to keep up with the latest sets.
By Slathalin
Aelcalan wrote:snip
thanks so much!! if I do take out the angel's mercy's and the knight of glory, what would you advise I add in? i'm thinking about maybe an Elspeth, sun's champion, heliod, god of the sun, or maybe Gideon, champion of justice. your advice? also, mana-wise, would you advise a caged sun?
By Aelcalan
Elspeth is a $20 card for a reason. She's basically instant stabilization if you're in trouble, or EVEN MOAR SOLDIERS EVERY SWINGIN' TURN if you're not. Then that -7 might as well say "You win!" Definitely at the top of your mana curve, though, so make sure there's not too much else at 5+ cost.

Heliod: Great, but his tokens aren't QUITE what you want (ideally you make Human Soldiers, though you're still kinda split between the two).

Gideon: Meh. You've got better things to do with four mana. Hero of Bladehold, or Odric's Crusader + 1 mana, for instance. (Crusader's probably a four-of in a weeny swarm deck like this). Odric himself might not be bad to have an extra one of, either.

Caged Sun: NO. Lemme explain why. What you're running looks very similar to the "White Weeny" archetype. You throw a lot of creatures early, and then through either synergy, buffs, or both, they come together and wipe out the enemy by about midgame. Which is when you'd be dropping this. It's just too pricey for when you'd need it, and it's really more for decks that are making tokens mid-lategame with abilities like Heliod's, where doubling your mana pool will have a COLOSSAL effect. You, on the other hand, are running a fast deck in the most mana-efficient color, so late game increase is mostly meaningless.
As for the +1/+1, White has Glorious Anthem, Honor of the Pure, Spear of Heliod, etc.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]