List items you want to get or items you want to sell here.
By MindlessInsanity
Bu1ld0g wrote:It wasn't Microsoft Jeff, mojang were determined to kill off xp grinding and this is the result.

I personally would rather have infinitely repairable tools and armour but effv book villies are nice too.
Thanks for the enlightenment. I agree too. Also, some people just want to watch the world burn.
By dlgn
Also, what market? You should ask around, quite a few of the guys are struggling to sell anything. No one with money plays anymore.
I know, I'm one of them. But I know that, at least for me, part of the reason I've been playing less is because my main way of making money was enchanting, and OP villies destroyed whatever market was remaining for that. Nowadays, if you want something, you buy some emeralds and go to the Aequitas shop. (Which is probably the reason you aren't supposed to have shops right at spawn, but I assume it's allowed or someone would have already done something.)

Look in this thread (or any other old selling threads—there used to be many of them) and you can see the difference. For example, I sold a Diamond Pickaxe with EffIV, Fort III, UnbrIII for 8.5K. This was considered normal at the time. That price sank to 3K or so for a while, and now it's probably like 500 credits. That's a huge difference—it was never really worth one's time to enchant rather than Nether mining, but since Nether mining is boring, dangerous, and completely useless, enchanting was an acceptable alternative. If you take general enjoyment and player interaction into account, it might have contained an economic profit.

Now, the enchantment business is no longer the enchanting business, but rather the villager business. Whoever has the most convenient shop (Aequitas, in this case) can simply obtain villagers with high-level enchantment trades and low-level emerald trades (fish or rotten flesh for emeralds, for example) and milk the hell out of them, selling enchantments in autoshops at prices so absurdly cheap that they drive every single traditional enchanter out of the market. You can't even compete using villagers, since the Aequitas shop is right at spawn; no one will go further for a less convenient shop when one is so easily accessible. There's only room for a single, dominating enchantment selling business with the new system. Right now, that business is Aequitas. Furthermore, it highly discourages player interaction (such as auctions, for example) and replaces it with a far more efficient, but also more impersonal, autoshop.

Altogether, I'm very disappointed with the new system. Even outside of our (d)evolved economy, it essentially removes all end-game gameplay, while making end-game extremely easy to reach. On MineRealm, however, it's far worse. It only leaves room for a single business in the enchanting market, decreases player interaction, and removes a significant amount of our gameplay, much of which is/was based on what you can do with a world and a server's society and economy once what we'd normally consider end-game has effectively been reached. Previously, I'd considered it to be but the beginning; now, however, it seems—at least in terms of gear and our once-thriving post-end-game economic system, as well as the associated social and political systems that depended upon it—that we've got nothing left.

~dlgn
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]