Discuss anything regarding MineRealm Classic here.
By DGannon
All the doomsaying is not going to seem enticing to new players. Maybe the lack of activity is simply a self-fulfilling prophecy.
By Meowrocket
MindlessInsanity wrote:Sick of hearing all the theories when the answer is right under our stinkin' noses. Ever heard of Plex? It's a mini game server with just about 28k people on at a time, Maybe even more, I don't remember digits well. Plus, most Minecrafters are little kids who think they're all that. And Minerealm is more than "all that" we are not savages. We don't accept bullcrap, (to some degree) cursing (to some degree), harassment (to some degree) and such. I know this is gonna be an odd shift but I don't think this is why entirely. No one I ask anymore on games or IRL has heard of Minerealm. It's not being advertised enough. But even that is futile, with everyone claiming Intelli advertised last Christmas and even then it was really dead. We are doomed as a community, and changes need to be made.
Firstly, this was worded so... oddly... that I went through and fixed the grammar and wording so it might make more sense. Second, I feel like that second line is sort of flat-out advertising, which is against the rules, and doesn't get tied into this argument at any time (Are you trying to tell us Minerealm needs mini-games...?) If perhaps it had been, "A place I often play on has a very persuasive advertising campaign and they often are reaching approximately 28K players at any given time", it would have made sense. Also, just a note about the constant '(to some degree)'-ing, the more you try to accuse people of 'all being against you', the more they will be. And, as DGannon said,
All the doomsaying is not going to seem enticing to new players.
If we all just sit around and complain about how dead the server is, no one will want to play. Maybe we can start by, I don't know, actually having our citizens seem excited to see people and not just say, "Finally, someone joined. I thought the server was six feet under, but it looks like it's only five right now."

(P.S. If you got banned by choice, why are you still here? You said you wanted nothing to do with us, essentially, so end this pseudo-righteous crusade and either try to appeal or stop acting like you know all about a place you aren't able to visit. It's not like I go to the website of the Cuban government and complain about them.)
By MindlessInsanity
Meowrocket wrote:
MindlessInsanity wrote:Sick of hearing all the theories when the answer is right under our stinkin' noses. Ever heard of Plex? It's a mini game server with just about 28k people on at a time, Maybe even more, I don't remember digits well. Plus, most Minecrafters are little kids who think they're all that. And Minerealm is more than "all that" we are not savages. We don't accept bullcrap, (to some degree) cursing (to some degree), harassment (to some degree) and such. I know this is gonna be an odd shift but I don't think this is why entirely. No one I ask anymore on games or IRL has heard of Minerealm. It's not being advertised enough. But even that is futile, with everyone claiming Intelli advertised last Christmas and even then it was really dead. We are doomed as a community, and changes need to be made.
Firstly, this was worded so... oddly... that I went through and fixed the grammar and wording so it might make more sense. Second, I feel like that second line is sort of flat-out advertising, which is against the rules, and doesn't get tied into this argument at any time (Are you trying to tell us Minerealm needs mini-games...?) If perhaps it had been, "A place I often play on has a very persuasive advertising campaign and they often are reaching approximately 28K players at any given time", it would have made sense. Also, just a note about the constant '(to some degree)'-ing, the more you try to accuse people of 'all being against you', the more they will be. And, as DGannon said,
All the doomsaying is not going to seem enticing to new players.
If we all just sit around and complain about how dead the server is, no one will want to play. Maybe we can start by, I don't know, actually having our citizens seem excited to see people and not just say, "Finally, someone joined. I thought the server was six feet under, but it looks like it's only five right now."

(P.S. If you got banned by choice, why are you still here? You said you wanted nothing to do with us, essentially, so end this pseudo-righteous crusade and either try to appeal or stop acting like you know all about a place you aren't able to visit. It's not like I go to the website of the Cuban government and complain about them.)
You seem to not completely understand the situation. I still lurk the forums in hope that some one will step forward and talk and or realize how stuff needs fixing here. I'm also trying to find certain people but I can't find their google+ page, email, ect. (Thanks for nothing stalkerbot |:P) No one seems to respond to PMs and is interested in the whiny little crap no one cares about as per usual. And who's really gonna make it seem more positive? The last remaining people I talk to before I was banned wanted silence, even mods, and claimed it's better this way. If the last remaining people want it this way, I'm certain it's staying that way.
By Slathalin
Building off of what Jeff said, i think we need to step up advertising, and maybe unban some people, as long as the crime they commited wasn't too bad.

Approx. Server growth/loss

Anyway, this server needs SOMETHING to save it.
By Grelman
My interest in minecraft waxes and wanes these days. While there is not consistent updating to this game anymore I still get motivated from time to time to build some nice big things. It's disheartening to see our steady decline of regular players but I still think theres a long way to go before the server's actually dead. Let's take a moment to look at the positives.

Even though the server hasnt advertised in like forever, theres a handful of new players who've been playing nearly everyday on the server, despite the lack of a buzzing of 20 or more players which attracts most of us. Little newbies and their friends playing on the server is always what minecraft multiplayer's been about and its encouraging to see them here. Especially as most who join our humble server leave within the first few minutes, and these few newbies are building towns. Its a far cry from having all our old friends playing with us but there will be a time in the future when interest in minecraft is reinstated by an update.

This is the core of why there is still 9500 plots still owned on the server consistently. Some of the oldest players have left, but theres still many who havent given up on minerealm completely. People know they want to come back to the server that made them love minecraft in the first place. I'm not going to say "it's just this time of year", and I'm not proposing that an update will probably come soon, cause it won't, but someday, we'll be playing 1.9 on minerealm and things will be bustling again.

The only other thing that can bring our vets back to be active instead of just logging in once a month is intelli. Simple as that, when he invests any amount of energy into the server it surges forth. He added a transit tube system that was so simple, yet brought tons of people on just to admire something different. Even though it was a mob cap that started the decline of the playerbase it just goes to show that it doesnt take much to get people interested again. If intelli's on board to change just one simple thing around for us it'll help immensely for server activity. Until then, the server sleeps but promises to become active again like it has in the past.
By MindlessInsanity
Grelman wrote:My interest in minecraft waxes and wanes these days. While there is not consistent updating to this game anymore I still get motivated from time to time to build some nice big things. It's disheartening to see our steady decline of regular players but I still think theres a long way to go before the server's actually dead. Let's take a moment to look at the positives.

Even though the server hasnt advertised in like forever, theres a handful of new players who've been playing nearly everyday on the server, despite the lack of a buzzing of 20 or more players which attracts most of us. Little newbies and their friends playing on the server is always what minecraft multiplayer's been about and its encouraging to see them here. Especially as most who join our humble server leave within the first few minutes, and these few newbies are building towns. Its a far cry from having all our old friends playing with us but there will be a time in the future when interest in minecraft is reinstated by an update.

This is the core of why there is still 9500 plots still owned on the server consistently. Some of the oldest players have left, but theres still many who havent given up on minerealm completely. People know they want to come back to the server that made them love minecraft in the first place. I'm not going to say "it's just this time of year", and I'm not proposing that an update will probably come soon, cause it won't, but someday, we'll be playing 1.9 on minerealm and things will be bustling again.

The only other thing that can bring our vets back to be active instead of just logging in once a month is intelli. Simple as that, when he invests any amount of energy into the server it surges forth. He added a transit tube system that was so simple, yet brought tons of people on just to admire something different. Even though it was a mob cap that started the decline of the playerbase it just goes to show that it doesnt take much to get people interested again. If intelli's on board to change just one simple thing around for us it'll help immensely for server activity. Until then, the server sleeps but promises to become active again like it has in the past.
PC you just earned hero of the hour award. Finally someone who knows what they're saying and doesn't go with the casual "it's just that time of day, week, month, year, ect. Bullcrap that every man without sensory deprivation can understand.
Also macrofeet, what's macro tax?
By Meowrocket
MindlessInsanity wrote:Also macrofeet, what's macro tax?
Perhaps if you read the rest of the thread, you would understand.
By Slathalin
Meowrocket wrote:
MindlessInsanity wrote:Also macrofeet, what's macro tax?
Perhaps if you read the rest of the thread, you would understand.

Hey Meow, I hate to say this, but it might help if you stopped going after each and every one of Jeff's comments. Just my 2 cents.
By dlgn
Oh, oh, oh! I made the first flight over MineRealm spawn a while ago in a slime-block flying machine. Here's a thread about it.
I'm not going to say "it's just this time of year"
Amen to that.

also plz don't wipe the nether thx
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]