Discuss anything regarding MineRealm Classic here.
By Snoopy_0418
Ok, for starters, Im not trying to start a argument or anything like that. i know afk grinding isnt against server rules but the 24/7 iron and gold grinding is messing up the spawn rate of hostile mobs on the server for others who aren't using a grinder. i understand people need resources and things like that but its making it hard for other players to do certain builds and gain xp levels. Again not trying to start a argument or step on anyones toes just kindly asking that some of the constant grinders let it cool off for a bit so other players can have hostile mobs to kill/cure/etc.
By dlgn
What are you talking about?

I don't know about the mob spawning rate, but the mob limit is by design to prevent lag. If you want to increase back to what it used to be (like 5000 or something) then get a bunch of people to either donate lots of money or make a huge lagfix.
By Snoopy_0418
I've seen 1 zombie in 4 irl days, i have several plots with no passive mobs on them and nothing will spawn in, and after talking to some people they told me it was most likely because grinders are taking all the hostile mob spawns, obviously i don't know for a fact this is true but it would make sense
By Bu1ld0g
If it's xp you're after there are several farms available. I have a quad spider grind I'm happy to show you the way to.

If you're trying to cure zombie villagers you're better off sourcing a zombie spawner.

I'm more than happy to help if you give me co-ords
By LARDIMUS_PRIME
Prettty sure the mob limits are based per chunk or per plot, you say you have only seen 1 zombie in 4 irl days i feel that is a massive exaggeration my home is next to a large gold farm and regularly encounter 10's of not 100's of mobs friendly and hostle each time i play
By eah
eah wrote:The exact cap is customLimit * chunkCount / 256 where customLimit is a user defined limit for the mob type in question and chunkCount is a count of chunks to spawn mobs in (not necessarily the number of loaded chunks).

Mob types with their respective default customLimit are as follows:

monsters: 70
animals: 15
water-animals: 5
ambient: 15

The chunks available for mob spawning is (2 * minimum(viewDistance, mobSpawnRange, 8) + 1)^2 chunks around each player. AFAIK, minerealm's view distance is 6. The default value for mobSpawnRange is 4 which leads me to believe there are only 81 chunks around each player (not counting overlapping chunks) available for spawning.

That would mean about 22 monsters per player, abut 5 animals per player, about 2 water-animals per player, and about 5 ambients per player. This is a world wide cap. If VVolfie is hoarding 250 cows, nobody's going to see pigs fly.

When the count for the number of mobs of the particular type is reached in the selected chunks described above, the type of mob stops spawning naturally. However, the count can still be forced above the cap through using monster spawners and breeding.
In addition, minerealm has its own per-plot mob caps.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]