Discuss anything regarding MineRealm Classic here.

Do you like the mist?

Yes!
54%
No!
46%
By Meowrocket
ColdF3ar wrote:Not to mention it takes literally two seconds to type /home even if someone is coming to kill you at spawn.
I always keep /home on my clipboard so in case I get attacked unaware I just hit 'T' and then 'Ctrl V' and 'Enter', and I'm off.
Or if you are too scared, just hide yourself in a 1x1x2 room until the night's done. Sheesh.
And again, as I said... for /pvp, you can't teleport, and it requires an opponent close enough to actively turn on their pvp also. In the Nether, they camp the spawn with crazy gear, so you never stand a chance. The Mist has a protected spawn, people with good gear rarely show up, and it's more honourbound.
Just suck it up already, it's going to stay. The mobs alone don't pose a threat, survival needs to be difficult. The Mist alone renewed my interest in Minecraft and MineRealm, because it gives you that rush of adrenaline and fear.
By DGannon
I find it to be extremely out of place. Since it became clear that it's permanent, I found myself not playing anymore. And then I find out there's a wall going across the map. I only anticipate further destruction to this server.
By diamond_boss
The mist isn't even a 'threat' to begin with. Just stay off the map and /home when the mist starts. Literally nobody has come to my city yet to kill me... nor have I heard any stories of that happening to other people, either. I just don't get it. Even if PVP is on, you're not vulnerable if you're hiding away in your base all night and every other player is roughly 500-1000 blocks away. I could probably stand around at Roo's realm through the whole thing and nobody will even come for me. Especially considering the fact that a lot of players have already gotten tired of the mist and not nearly as many people participate, I don't understand how anyone can feel threatened by it. It's like none of us has ever experienced a video game before. And still... if you don't feel safe enough by doing /home then just log off for 7 minutes; it's not even like the mist is even all that common anyways. I personally wouldn't be threated If the mist was every night, the danger is so easy to avoid it's funny.
By Soul K
If I wanted to pvp I would play on a server that offers it and has various different pvp games you can do.

Theres better ways to entice players to pvp then a system shoved down their throats even if its every few hours.
By Sandsnake
So far, the only time the Mist has even remotely affected my life was the very first time I logged on and got insta-ganked by Legit. After that, I've simply ignored it and haven't even come close to a problem.
By The MIST
This thread is appreciated....
By Eetrab
The MIST wrote:This thread is appreciated....
Wow...
By Meowrocket
So, basically this is a thread complaining about something designed to temporarily add some ordered chaos into the server, so that it regains some of the spice of a survival aspect.
And if you don't want to participate, mine on your own private land a put dirt over the entrance, after typing /map. It's not super hard, and since you're mining you get credits. OR you can suck it up and set all your stuff down in a chest and just punch people at spawn. Both are extremely viable options.
By Sandsnake
Or you can just carry on as normal. I have yet to see anyone come looking for me.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]