Discuss anything regarding MineRealm Classic here.
By General Grievous
Oh, forgot something: It would be *great* if there was the possibility to have something like a curator/MR World Heritage for extremely outstanding buildings. (But I guess, as usual, my ideas will be treated as some kind of BS).

Regards,
A.
By diamond_boss
This is just something I said earlier in the question regarding changes to the server:

A kind of country/kingdom system, in which one person controls all of the land under their possession, and they can set rules like laws, members/privileges, and so on and so forth. It would also be good if government leaders can add people's realms to their kingdom, and that would allow their control to thrive and grow. It would all be very interesting and (somewhat) realistic, because then people would be able to experience something close to a fantasy RPG in their favourite game, (minecraft)!

What do you guys think? A lot of people have said that they like the realm system and would rather not have this, but I want to see what everybody else thinks.
By Meowrocket
daimond_boss wrote:This is just something I said earlier in the question regarding changes to the server:

A kind of country/kingdom system, in which one person controls all of the land under their possession, and they can set rules like laws, members/privileges, and so on and so forth. It would also be good if government leaders can add people's realms to their kingdom, and that would allow their control to thrive and grow. It would all be very interesting and (somewhat) realistic, because then people would be able to experience something close to a fantasy RPG in their favourite game, (minecraft)!

What do you guys think? A lot of people have said that they like the realm system and would rather not have this, but I want to see what everybody else thinks.
I would love to see something like the server divides into about 10 or so main factions/kingdoms that could enter into war with one another if they both agreed... Something like being able to place/remove blocks on enemy land, etc. (however copious amounts of doing so would still be a griefing ban) and the winning side could sign a treaty and acquire bits of land from the other nations near the border.
IDK, sort of like a medieval warfare simulator in minecraft with TNT cannons and stuff.
Or just trench warfare 4 dayz. :P
By Prodigy9
General Grievous wrote:Oh, forgot something: It would be *great* if there was the possibility to have something like a curator/MR World Heritage for extremely outstanding buildings. (But I guess, as usual, my ideas will be treated as some kind of BS).

Regards,
A.
IIRC we already kind of have something like that, only it isn't well-publicized (and is perhaps only semi-official). There's apparently a short list of structures that the staff won't allow to be taken down even if a realm is disbanded and later bought. The matter was discussed when the spawn realm with the Ceteri phoenix went up on the market, not sure what other builds might have that status.
daimond_boss wrote:This is just something I said earlier in the question regarding changes to the server:

My recent excessive time spent on Europa Universalis made me start thinking about a structure similar to the Holy Roman Empire in MR. A union/federation of mostly-independent realms owned by individual players with an elected* leader who has some limited power over the realms.

Maybe the emperor could have a one-month term with the authority to organize a megabuild that other players who chose to join the empire are expected to contribute to? Or maybe a more tangible power like the emperor receiving a small percentage of credits earned by empire members (with the expectation that they're spent on materials/land to benefit the entire empire), or being automatically granted build rights in all realms that chose to join the empire (to impose stylistic uniformity; rules against griefing still apply)?

Of course, something similar to this could be done without any changes to game mechanics, there just isn't any way to force compliance with the emperor's decisions in the event that a player tries to get whatever benefits that may come with being an empire member without doing anything in return.

*Yes, the emperor was elected. History is weird.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]