Discuss anything regarding MineRealm Classic here.
Sharp_Enderman wrote:
gallinka wrote:The spirit of the rule is to require players to actually be playing the game to get stuff (drops, XP, credits, swag?, etc).
Most rules require common sense to be competently applied. This rule is no exception.
I could rewrite the sentence to explain my thought more clearly but I will not because I do not believe you agree with the spirit of the rule.

I do not think applying any more common sense (and we are really getting into an intellectual argument now) will change the fact that whether it be a program, a rock or tape, using them is against the rules. Judges apply common sense to laws for the sake of justice. If we were to apply common sense in this case it would favor staff's position, not yours.

Here is an example:
A man is before a judge for killing another man. The man pleads with the judge that the dead man was mortally wounded and he was just putting him out of his misery. Should the judge be lenient on him, maybe, except when you add one more fact (which makes this analogy similar to the issue of AFK fishing) the dead man was mortally wounded by the man that now stands before the judge. The man on trial was caught during a bank robbery and he shot the dead man. He is arguing that it was ok because the dead man was already shot.

It may be as simple as a piece of tape. However, using something so simple does not mean that by saying "you can't use a piece of tape" means a lack of common sense. Just because it is clever and simple doesn't mean that the act of taking it away or prohibiting is acting without common sense, just the opposite.

Just my to cents. In an effort to avoid a flame war I will recuse myself from further conversation in this thread and reply to any conversations directed toward me through the game or PM.

-gallinka
I'll tell you why it's an exploit.

1. Fishing was not intended to be an afk activity.

2. Normally, it is required that you pull in your catch within half a second of getting it. With this, whether you're controlling your mouse or not, you bypass this mechanic.

If you say the glitch itself is legit because the mechanics are legit, I could say the same about a duping glitch, right? Entirely legit mechanics, right?

As for Mojang's involvement in this,
Mojang's bug tracker wrote:If you've discovered an exploit or a security issue, please create a Private report that only yourself and Mojang will be able to see.
I can't find any such reported fishing glitch on the bug tracker. Point being, just because Mojang hasn't publicly recognized it as an exploit doesn't mean they aren't privately aware of it. Furtheremore, there are tons of glitches/bugs involving fishing and plenty more for everything else in the game. Like I said, they have reasons for neglecting to patch it. Doesn't necessarily mean it's not an exploit.
So the main point he was trying to make was that everyone could get something heavy and set it on their mouse, so it's not an advantage.
Anyone can download flyhacks, speedhacks, highjump, spider-hacks...
According to your logic, those should be legal because "Anyone can get them" so it doesn't "Provide an Advantage" if everyone has them.
Those are still illegal, and thusly this is still bannable too.
*shrug*
it's simple, really.
I don't see why this is being debated. If it looks non-legit, regardless of how it is done, staff will most likely ban you.

Who wants an automated fish farm anyways? So what if you get a saddle here or a name tag there. What are you going to do, name all your villagers in your private village that is akin to a maximum security prison?

Anyone who does get banned by this I will view as incredibly, inexcusably dense.
Meowrocket wrote:So the main point he was trying to make was that everyone could get something heavy and set it on their mouse, so it's not an advantage.
Anyone can download flyhacks, speedhacks, highjump, spider-hacks...
According to your logic, those should be legal because "Anyone can get them" so it doesn't "Provide an Advantage" if everyone has them.
Those are still illegal, and thusly this is still bannable too.
*shrug*
it's simple, really.
Taking things out of context.
Sharp, I'm going to try to avoid the "no one will like you" spiel because I know how aggravating it is, but you're getting increasingly disrespectful about an argument you have no chance of winning regarding a potential way to easily get fish. Think about your priorities here, because if you continue in this manner, I fear it won't end well.
I agree with dlgn here. You are starting to push it and have been warned by not only the community but also staff. This is coming from someone who has had a forum ban request (rejected)against them for somewhat similar remarks. The only difference here is that I call things how they are, irrespective of how offensive that might be. You make ridiculous comments that just add fuel to the fire.

So please stop doing this. If you want to argue your points, do it in a civil manor and when things are looking bad for your argument, don't revoke to 'sly' remarks that is typical behaviour of a 12 year old. Trust me, I know what I am talking about.
I was surprised when I noticed that everyone openly talks about their alt accounts, and the server staff considers using them not cheating. Their views on what is and isn't cheating, and what players should and should not do in general, can be extremely hard to discern. And with the addition of the mist, where a given action can be a bannable offence one moment but exciting and fun the next, I think it's easiest to not even try.
DGannon wrote:I was surprised when I noticed that everyone openly talks about their alt accounts, and the server staff considers using them not cheating.
We might as well ban all alt accounts not thinking about repercussions to brothers, sisters and others who play using the same IP. While we're at it, let's ban all accounts that have alternate accounts, because we think that they are cheating.

What advantage does an alt have that can't be reproduced with two separate accounts?
DGannon wrote: Their views on what is and isn't cheating, and what players should and should not do in general, can be extremely hard to discern.
It isn't hard at all. I have had absolutely no trouble understanding the rules because they are written out explicitly and in full. Usually that is done to stop the problem quoted above.
DGannon wrote:And with the addition of the mist, where a given action can be a bannable offence one moment but exciting and fun the next, I think it's easiest to not even try.
You might as well leave the server, as not trying will get you in trouble very quickly. Standard PVP rules apply.
Sharp, it is extremely simple.

These points are final and not debatable:

- The machine is 100% legitimate.
- Using it is 100% legitimate.
- Failing to respond to Staff messages while using the machine is evidence of, at least, botting.
- Botting is 100% not permitted and will result in a ban.

To debate this any further is nothing but meaningless decoration.

Enough said.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]