Discuss anything regarding MineRealm Classic here.
By dlgn
But seriously, I really love MineRealm. Except the thing is that its culture has all but disappeared. I thought that it might just be the "the grass is always greener" effect, but I've been looking through the forums, and I realized: MineRealm has been decaying. There isn't really anything left to do, economically or socially, and no one cares enough about communities to create something big. It's still much better than other servers, but it's a far cry from what it was in its glory days. I suspect one of the big causes was the Second Great Purge; about half of our regular users left or got banned, and our culture crumbled without them. By the time they had come back, it was too late.
By FinalFouad
123tepig wrote:Gman you are honestly the most cold hearted ten year old I have ever met. You push me to getting myself banned just to get away from the like of you, then have the nerve to like my ending post.
You created a thread about what happened in the nether.
By jeniansmom
dlgn wrote:But seriously, I really love MineRealm. Except the thing is that its culture has all but disappeared. I thought that it might just be the "the grass is always greener" effect, but I've been looking through the forums, and I realized: MineRealm has been decaying. There isn't really anything left to do, economically or socially, and no one cares enough about communities to create something big. It's still much better than other servers, but it's a far cry from what it was in its glory days. I suspect one of the big causes was the Second Great Purge; about half of our regular users left or got banned, and our culture crumbled without them. By the time they had come back, it was too late.
I agree that the community has changed in the 3 years the server has been around, but that's natural in any small community and even more so in a video game community. Personally I like the way it is now. By and large people are friendly to one another. There is less and less tolerance for trolling and being mean just for sport.

As far as things to do, there is always a rush to create the latest and greatest farm/redstone device that will crash this market or that and be able to work on Minerealm. People also cooperate on builds whether its helping each other out with physical building or donating blocks. I mean really, if you want to see an example of player cooperation at its finest, just check out Chammie's spawn realm. :) Seriously though, a lot of people have been helping each other out to get ready for the wipe.

I respect your feelings, dlgn, not trying to argue you out of them, just offering my personal perspective on the current community.
There are many great things about this server. But nothing is perfect, including this server. I don't like how long it takes to implement Minecraft updates to our server. On the other hand, it makes anticipation build up. When I first joined MineRealm, there was a lively show of people. Players who really didn't give a crap about how this server was dictated and challenged authority. The whole NTC / PvP era was an amazing chapter of MineRealm's history, whether you ignored it or not, I know that it help build substance in our server that we call home. I know there probably won't be anything like that in the future, but we can make the most of what we have now in this upcoming public wipe.
By Meowrocket
jeniansmom wrote:I agree that the community has changed in the 3 years the server has been around, but that's natural in any small community and even more so in a video game community. Personally I like the way it is now. By and large people are friendly to one another. There is less and less tolerance for trolling and being mean just for sport.
More like people are friendly to people that have money and land.

I don't like how hard it is to get anyone to actually be kind to, say, the NEW players, or the less popular and out-there ones.

Whenever I play everyone either ignores me or spends their time trying to annoy me. Occasionally there's one or two nice people, but that's it. And when a new player joins I try to be nice, but they can't see my messages in the storm of people yelling at them for being a 'nub' and not understanding the sytem yet because they had just joined 5 seconds ago.

Just my thoughts.
By Intelli
As 123tepig is now banned (by his own doing), and this thread is a borderline violation of rule #5, I'm locking this thread.

Plenty of people have put actual effort into trying to improve the server.
Threads like this don't count as part of that effort.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]