Discuss anything regarding MineRealm Classic here.

Which would you prefer the subway or Skyrail?

Subway
65%
Skyrail
35%
By mwan
Bu1ld0g wrote:Just throwing ideas around here.

How about getting rid of the spawn teleport and re-introduce spawn points at major cities?

Or how about NSEW roads from spawn to map edge that are actually straight distinguishable roads? The west road for example gets lost not too far from spawn.

As for the subway, numbers has a timed cake dispenser which would be perfect for minecart distribution and I'm sure some of the many iron farms could donate the occasional dc of minecarts.
I like that multiple spawn point major city idea :D. The cities should at least include: NYC, xeros, emerald city, and a few others that I haven't encountered yet.
By dlgn
Multiple spawn points cause decentralization, confusion, and irrigation, so let's just not go there. Its only real benefits would be spreading out noobs, which the teleporter already does, and possibly getting people to make big cities.
By Skylord_Fox
dlgn wrote:Multiple spawn points cause decentralization, confusion, and irrigation, so let's just not go there. Its only real benefits would be spreading out noobs, which the teleporter already does, and possibly getting people to make big cities.
dlgn wrote:irrigation
It's a real problem.
By GaidinBDJ
I think horses need three, so 3x3 minimum on the smaller (single-rail) lines would work. As far as stations, I'm more of a fan of the stops where you can just hit a single button to keep going on the main line. There was one near me that was pretty complicated with having to pay attention to which "point" you were at and which way the various levers were pointing.

And with redstone spacing, making sure that an empty cart will stop would be nice. It's much easier to hop out than it is trying to break the cart while you're riding it. I don't have access to any fancy iron farms, so iron (and therefore minecarts) are precious things to me and I don't like the stretches where, if you hop out, your minecart keeps getting boosted.

dlgn wrote:... and irrigation ...
Water you talking about?
By smoky1930
Bu1ld0g wrote:Just throwing ideas around here.
How about getting rid of the spawn teleport and re-introduce spawn points at major cities?
It would be wonderful to see great cities such as Roanoke come back to life.

This may be a little far out there, but another option would be If Intelli could extend the world border by say 6 or so blocks, then it would be possible to create a completely unobstructed roadway around the map. This would help gain easier access to and help players spread out in many of the border areas which tend to have a lower population density and are currently more difficult to get to due to being predominantly ocean.
By Roobean
Subway should be 'kept', but should have allowance for horses meaning they also become 'highways'.
A 4 block height at all times would allow for any increase or decrease in the y coordinate for horses.
A 3 block Width at all times would also be a good guideline as it would allow any issues with horses to be resolved.

The SkyRail was, is and should always be a separate item from the subway.

Maybe for simplicity it maybe a good thing to arrange any further additions or adjustments to have a guideline of the 'rails' being on realm borders, meaning x/z ±##1 to ±##50 being one side and x/z ±##51 to ±##100 being the other.
I could even go as OCD as to say the out going subways from the Spawn should be on the x/z ±0.

TSDR; 3 by 4 tunnels either side of realm borders, these dimensions at all times to allow for horses.

(Also in regards to 'stopping points' I feel even every 150 blocks is too short, I think min 250 and max 750 blocks for junctions as a guideline)
By monkeychunks
Having different spawn points is a bad idea however I highly recommend making the teleporter spawn new players in 12 specific destinations to prevent the use of the teleporter to loot and grief.

Unless you can /spawn or /home on horses a path for horses is a subway would be of no use... Just think about it. Ice paths on the other hand are fast and easy.
By Bu1ld0g
dlgn wrote:Multiple spawn points cause decentralization, confusion, and irrigation, so let's just not go there. Its only real benefits would be spreading out noobs, which the teleporter already does, and possibly getting people to make big cities.
You're right, we should stick with grassy torchy laggy spawn.
As I said, I was just throwing ideas around.
How about some positive feedback on the other ideas in that post instead of jumping on the one?

Very surprised the almighty DLGN got noobs confused with newbies too :p
By monkeychunks
Bu1ld0g wrote:
You're right, we should stick with grassy torchy laggy spawn.
As I said, I was just throwing ideas around.
How about some positive feedback on the other ideas in that post instead of jumping on the one?

Very surprised the almighty DLGN got noobs confused with newbies too :p
I completely agree with your road idea! There needs to be four roads going straint in opposite directions to nearly the world ends. That is a great idea that I have also thought of. Also your idea with the teleporter was good, but it would decentralize spawn. The teleporter in my opinion needs drastic changes, it is a leading cause of grief and looting. I would make the teleporter spawn the player in a few specific points across the map to lessen grief, build communities, and make miniature spawns in which communities can grow.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]