Discuss anything regarding MineRealm Classic here.

Do you support the proposed changes?

Option 1
23%
Option 2
77%
BridgeDweller wrote:
Unbound wrote:I prefer a wipe and I honestly don't care if we all have to start from scratch. Doing so will bring new experiences along as people working together and try to make it to the top again. I guess I'm the few who voted for option 1.
This is the only post I see in this whole thread not talking about their massive wealth they have attained ... "playing games shouldn't be about being the most wealthiest, it should be about the experiences and fun interactions I have with other players."
It's not about the wealth per se ... it's about the investment of time to get to a player's current state. I have been hoarding materials for months in preparation for a fairytale castle build above my storage vault ... quartz, sandstone, lapis, glass, wool, logs, iron, glowstone, redstone, etc. I don't even have a vision of what it will look like yet BUT I know that whatever I come up with, I won't be scrabbling for materials to make it. I don't want to lose that investment in materials, as it would be months of work gone in an instant.

Likewise for those with huge credit balances ... those credits represent the outcome of time invested in mining, enchanting and trading with other players. So what if someone has >1 million credits? They could have invested in a hundred realms, or bought 17 stacks of diamond blocks and created a huge statue of themselves in diamond armour at spawn. They didn't though. They chose to keep their assets liquid, so that when they DO need something, they have the ability to buy it. Why punish them for taking this approach to the game?

MineRealm has a reasonably stable economy with minimal inflation in all but the cost of spawn realms. I don't see this as a major issue as by rights the people most "entitled" (for want of a better word) to owning a spawn realm are the veteran players who likely have the larger credit balances. The only significant changes I have noticed otherwise in the economy are due to external factors - changes in the game mechanics such as villies selling glowstone; anvils allowing non-random enchantments to be placed on items; and the invention of things like gold farms and iron farms.

---

TL:DR Wealth isn't everything, and wiping wealth isn't likely to suddenly make MineRealm more exciting and enjoyable for the bulk of the existing community. It is likely to frustrate many veteran players though and cause them to question whether they want to invest further time just to make back lost ground.
TeeJayDub wrote: is likely to frustrate many veteran players though and cause them to question whether they want to invest further time just to make back lost ground.
Yeah, I don't have the patience to hang around after losing everything. I wouldn't be coming back most likely, unless the new system is complete incredible.
mitchie151 wrote:
TeeJayDub wrote: is likely to frustrate many veteran players though and cause them to question whether they want to invest further time just to make back lost ground.
Yeah, I don't have the patience to hang around after losing everything. I wouldn't be coming back most likely, unless the new system is complete incredible.
Having a fresh server = incredible
Starting fresh is also pretty incredible...
Unbound wrote:
mitchie151 wrote:
Having a fresh server = incredible
Starting fresh is also pretty incredible...
I've started fresh plenty of times elsewhere, If I needed a fresh start in Minerealm I'd find some public land and start new there. A TOTAL map wipe is completely unnecessary to achieve a fresh start.

I simply don't play nor care enough about Minecraft to reinvest weeks of playtime into a project that probably should have been creative anyway. Removing what we have achieved makes Minerealm just another server, and one I'm not interested in playing on at that.
If the wipe plan went through I have at any given point 7-14 other players , mostly new living on my realms for free, I personally do not care about loosing my stuff and having to start from scratch, but I do care about the people I house, and their well being.
These people live with me so their belongings are safe, they have food readily available and livestock that is safe from people being able to kill it. I need an option where the new players living with me and counting on me so they arent griefed , looted , or starving can be safe and still have access to their belongings.

If we lost everything it would be rather tough for me to have to explain to these new people , most very young where their belongings went, and why they no longer have animals or a place to live.

On top of that issue, on my alt I am taking care of peoples realms who cannot play on the server at this point because of life and stuff, an example would be martysilvertail: I own one of his castles because he is overseas, it is made with materials that are not cheap to get, he would be very very upset if he lost his stuff while fighting for us...

I think allowing us to preserve a certain amount of properties would be fine, especially in the case of people who house people and preserve builds, if I was not taking care of people I would certainly go with wipe the entire server start from scratch.
I never play so a reset would be ok but i have a question. Are the blocks in private realms removed? If it says that i didn't see it. Im probably going to vote no though because my brother is going to be mad as hell. Also will the 4 realms at spawn be disbanded?
Whoa whoa whoa. As one of the veterans of minerealm following back to the days of lightbulbs. I am not taking to lightly of the idea of losing all my realms and having a huge restart thrown upon me with how things are going in reality for me. Only owning maybe around 10 with resources equal to all the realms together stored and chests for builds of the future or selling/giving away. Plus I cannot afford to preserve my realms at said fee let alone hurry to get enough to do so with above reason.

I know its just a thought intelli, but this is undoubtly the kind of thought that would lose loyal vets of minerealm.
Seems I should throw my two cents out there as well a bit of history if you will. Before I found MineRealm I had ventured to many, MANY other servers trying to find the online community that would fit me. Countless pvp/grief/raid servers just turned me off and never kept me around for more than a day. I stumbled upon MineRealm one day, read the rules (which are more or less common sense anyways), and ventured forth to see what I could make of myself. From my very beginning to today the only "wealth" I was concerned about was just getting enough to buy a realm for storage/expansion. This was back when MineRealm was getting ready to go from 3.0 to 4.0 (I still have the group photo that was taken at spawn :)) I was around when my snow biome turned into a swamp/desert/river biome with the last wipe.

The area that I live in would be what would turn me off if I lost them due to not having enough credits/time to get them back. I've been around for over a year and a half (2 years next February :3). Plus with a credit wipe it would be harder to get those realms back.

Most of my actual owned lands are right where I live... about 22. I have at total of 27 that I have bought for myself for builds. I'm currently holding onto 100+ realms for AlexaSConrad (how would I deal with these if I had to protect them?), most of the time I'm lucky to have over 20k in actual credits. My owned wealth (blocks, ect.) is pretty small.

Seems I got off on a bit of a tangent there about my wealth... sorry about that.

TL;DR: I'm all for a public realm wipe to bring in the new 1.7 biomes and such. But if it means losing my credits/realms/hard work that has been put in over the time I've been here... well... I'd be at a loss for words like I currently am now :/

Bonus: MineRealm 4.0 group photo (This was when spawn was nice :) Look at my nubby self up front xD)
Spoiler:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]