Discuss anything regarding MineRealm Classic here.

Do you support the proposed changes?

Option 1
23%
Option 2
77%
Legit_Neymar wrote:Why can't we keep this simple and wipe the public land and that's all?
Because this is minerealm and nothing is ever simple.
There we go again... let's all happily start from scratch!
I disagree - who is surprised now?

IF this is going to happen I declare war on the system and I will win back my place in the top rankings. Why?

because
- I have awesome guild members who conquered insane maps like desert fladmaps without villages and made their survival there at high difficulty level. We will be in top at NO time again.
- my potato-farm (that is LONG way from finished) holds 16k credits atm and I'd be working on finishing before the wipe.

Unless you won't get credits (of whatever currency there will be) for destroying and placing blocks anymore, my guild is sure to rule that new world.

I'd prefer to keep evrything peaceful though. :)

I vote for the /protect command!

Anyways:

Intelli, thx a LOT for putting so much time and thought and work into MineRealm, I love it. It's the best server ever!
I think a system like this is something that needs to be considered. An intelligent smoothing system would make a wipe far more manageable. However, I don't see the necessity of wiping all player worth?

If you can reserve realms, why not just keep them?

If we're keeping structures, we might as well keep our worth. People will just buy a realm for storing valuable place able blocks in.

Can we have an informed post on why a map expansion isn't viable?
Could we move the existing realms to the outside, reset spawn and have the new land in the center?

I don't know, I'm thinking aloud, but I don't think this is the best plan atm
I really dont get this at all. For me is the hang up the goal for the changes. Is it just to do a communist thing, where noone should be richer than anyone else? Is it getting a high online rate? Attract new players? Get old members of the community to stay faithful and not leave for another server? Its easier to discuss something, and give suggestions when the goal is known.

This is Intellis project, and he may do whatever he likes to the server. He has done a great work with it all, the question is how does he wants the future for the server to be?

For now I really cant see any reason (but socialize with my friends) to get on the server until we know what will happen. Before I took for granted that the time spent will pay off in some way.
11Hax wrote:I really dont get this at all. For me is the hang up the goal for the changes. Is it just to do a communist thing, where noone should be richer than anyone else? Is it getting a high online rate? Attract new players? Get old members of the community to stay faithful and not leave for another server? Its easier to discuss something, and give suggestions when the goal is known.

This is Intellis project, and he may do whatever he likes to the server. He has done a great work with it all, the question is how does he wants the future for the server to be?

For now I really cant see any reason (but socialize with my friends) to get on the server until we know what will happen. Before I took for granted that the time spent will pay off in some way.
Also, please note that I'm just throwing ideas around.
Take anything posted here with a grain of salt.

If anything official is going to happen, you'll know about it far in advance.

Also, we've purchased 90 days of advertising on Reddit, for advertisements which will start running tomorrow. So yea, nothing is changing for now!
I like the public realm wipe with edge smoothing. And I think there is a better solution to seldom used/built on realms being "held" after the wipe that doesn't cause all vet players to lose all their stuff.

But, if everyone lost everything I don't think many vets would keep playing. Its not just how much everyone has its how much time they invested and you can't get that back.

I would like to see the spawn moved outside of the normal map in the new version (maybe past the south border) and have players access the main map through a random teleporter/teleporters. New players would feel less boxed in and vets could all start their own major towns around the map.
Intelli if something like this were to go ahead would it also wipe out player hoarded mobs too?

Also a suggestion if I may, could we bump the skill level up a notch?
Or would that cause lag issues with spawner grinders?
Last edited by Bu1ld0g on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
As outspoken as I've been against the idea of another map reset, I could deal with a public realm wipe, and even a requirement to pay extra for keeping a private realm in the new map.

But the loss of chest contents and credits is taking things way too far IMO. For me personally, it's the loss of chest contents that would be the worst - most of my wealth is in items and realms, rather than credits. But I'm sure some other players are in exactly the opposite situation - they may not have a ton of valuable items, but instead they may have spent a long time stocking up on credits.

If this kind of change is going to happen, I'd like to see chest contents in private realms (or at least those private realms that are specially marked as protected by the owners) kept, and credit accounts converted into a roughly equivalent amount of whatever new currency is implemented.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]