Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By Laserminer
A quick question for everybody:

Does Minecraft have a built-in system that prevents flat walls looking like chunk errors from generating? (This doesn't pertain to MCedited worlds) One person told me that the first Beta version came with this, and if it does, maybe a big half-mountain generating in 3.4 next to a purchased realm wouldn't look so bad. If not I'll need to do some terraforming & landscaping to make my realms look better.
Does anybody know about this?

Also, GS for everyone!
Last edited by Laserminer on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By physaux
I'm new to minerealm, I've only been playing for a few days. So I understand that my opinion may be biased/ uncaring of others' work, but...

I think it would be best to do a full map reset, with all realms reset too, so nobody has any old realms (for 1.8). That way we can all start from scratch, and I think that would be very fun.

I understand people put time and effort into their current realms (I don't own one yet, I only have ~1K credits), but I still think the realms should be reset, with nothing transfered over; no credits, no buildings, no inventory. Fresh start for a fresh game!

Perhaps the admins should conduct an official poll;
Q: When MineCraft 1.8 is released, do you think all existing realms and credits should be transfered to the new map?
Q: When MineCraft 1.8 is released, would you like to see a FULL map reset, including credits, realms, and inventories?

If the admins could keep track of the poll results for the different voters, I would be interested to see the difference in opinions from people who own no realms, 1-2 realms, or 3+ realms. Then it would make sense to weigh the will of those with the most realms/ credits more heavily, as they have invested the most time into all of it. But it would be an interesting statistic. Could you please consider conducting a large scale survey like this?

Anyways, that's my thoughts on the matter! GL, and I can't wait for 1.8!!
By Prodigy9
Intelli wrote:Please note that the final backup of realm data (what's put on the new map) will be done approximately 12-24 hours before 1.8 launches. We are not responsible for any data lost after that point, and it's not our fault if you didn't put your valuables in a chest soon enough.
As we get closer to the release of 1.8, could you please give us a more precise time for when the final backup will occur? It would be nice to get a final warning to get our stuff stored away.
By Prodigy9
Keyhen wrote:1.8 will most likely happen in a matter of days now, the wipe should happen a very short time after that.
Yes, I understand that the wipe will occur around that time, but I was more concerned about when the final backup (that is, when we need to have everything we're saving in private-realm chests) will happen.
By Energybrothers
Keyhen wrote:1.8 will most likely happen in a matter of days now, the wipe should happen a very short time after that.
1.8 should be a few weeks before 11/11/11
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]