Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By Aaron215
I could only play for a few minutes as my daughter woke up soon after I started, but from what I can see it is really hard to get started, and with the bedrock layer much higher than normal there is much less room to build. Eventually everything will burn except the brick and bedrock which leads me to believe that this is a kind of experiment like this: http://i.imgur.com/QO4B1.png

I loved it though. If everything except brick burns eventually, then I can see it getting crazy. Fast. The only way to make it work is if EVERYONE works together and starts right away at building cobble generators and working to build halfsteps, and putting bricks in the sky to make a shadow of safe area for grass to grow which would allow for non-hostile mobs to spawn. I'd like to see the whole server cooperate like that :-)
By imahaxor
I really like the idea of this server, but after a while you quickly find yourself hiding in a small pit underground for long periods of time hiding from fire. I think this breaks up most of the fun trying to survive, running and hiding from a giant inferno. But I would like to see more, for instance:
1. Larger Map (Obviously)
2. Lightning strikes that would trigger fast moving fires, that way there would still be the danger of fire, but on a smaller scale.
3. All out PVP!!!
By Prodigy9
imahaxor wrote: 1. Larger Map (Obviously)
2. Lightning strikes that would trigger fast moving fires, that way there would still be the danger of fire, but on a smaller scale.
3. All out PVP!!!
1.) I don't see why that would be helpful... as I see it, the main issue is that the server is really shallow in the Y direction rather than too small in the X/Z plane.
2.) Would be interesting I guess.
3.) AWESOME. Everything will be destroyed (well... faster than it already would have been). Would be an incredible game while it lasted.
By Laserminer
I enjoy this server very much, how different it is from the others. Realms could be considered, but what about newbies asking where they could build to get started? No pvp is definitely a good idea.

The biggest issue with keeping the server popular is repetitiveness, I think it’s pretty obvious what that means. However, it wouldn't take forever to build a safe base with plenty of necessities, just some dedicated work while being teamed up. That is what I believe is the pinnacle of what makes Minecraft fun, conquering the wilderness and building, etc. This needs to be possible for most players while still being an extremely difficult Apoc server. Otherwise, the repetitiveness becomes an issue. One suggestion I have to help this balance is to lower the bedrock level.

The pros would include: More (and better?) resources, more space to expand and build.
The Cons: The game gets too easy, less of Apoc, the point of this server.

Overall, I belive the benefits (more MC features, etc.) outweigh the negative effects (taking away from the Apoc experience) of increasing mining capabilities, leading to the continuation/popularity of this server.

Sorry if this post should’ve been in suggestions, I can re-post there if it’s more appropriate.
By Aaron215
I'd like to see where the server is a week from now. If it's burned to the bedrock, especially near spawn, then maybe a weekly reset and see if people can work together to make it manageable? See if we can conquer the apocalypse, and every week we'll have a fresh challenge. I'm sure people will be trying to mess it up as others try to save the world.
By XxEl_WolfxX
Aaron215 wrote:I'd like to see where the server is a week from now. If it's burned to the bedrock, especially near spawn, then maybe a weekly reset and see if people can work together to make it manageable? See if we can conquer the apocalypse, and every week we'll have a fresh challenge. I'm sure people will be trying to mess it up as others try to save the world.
*EDIT* I have seen this happinging everywhere. I thought this was fire, not acid. My underground bunker was overrun So I flooded the floor above with water. No problems now.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]