Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
Common

June 16th: The Vidunalis Arena is Founded

After a little less than a week of private testing, troubleshooting, number-crunching, Panthers17nfl and Jtcanon have developed a versatile rating system for use in the newly built 1v1 Player vs. Player Arena. This system is very similar to the ELO Rating system in chest, as well as the arena rating system in World of Warcraft. After a decent amount of games have been played by each player, the system accurately determines that player's skill level ranging from 0 to upwards of 2400 and possibly higher, 1200 being the average.

After about four additional days of Beta Testing the system as well as the Arena itself, it has been deemed ready for the commencement of Season One. As of June 17th, many various players have been trying their hand at what seems to be a simple sword fight. But further examination shows that there actually is a method to this madness.

The Arena is a circle 25 meters in diameter. Players await the call to begin a the fight a few meters down in a tunnel on either side. After that, players enter the circular battlefield: a snow-covered blend of towering pathing-blockers as well as a deep pit in the center. With these obstacles, players struggle against one another to fight to be the best there is in the Vidunalis Arena.

Join the Fray!

The Arena is always accepting new combatants, regardless of skill level, availability, or age. To sign up at any time, post a message on the original Arena thread (see bottom).

You will need to play a total of 10 matches before you are officially considered [RANKED], which signifies that your ELO Rating is at least a somewhat accurate measurement of your skill level. You need to be [RANKED] to participate in tournaments.

Whenever you are feeling up for a fight, ask Jtcanon or Panthers17nfl to host some exhibition matches. Panthers17nfl is usually always available to do so if Jtcanon isn't online.

The Top

Panda127 Stands as the Current Season One Leader

There are many players who walk in to the Arena and find themselves in nothing but defeat. There are others who find themselves in the mix of victories and defeats, close matches and lucky breaks. There are even fewer who can call themselves one who wins most of the time. Panda127 is one of those few.

In just four days, Panda127 has pumped out an impressive 19 matches in the Vidunalis Arena. And after these matches, he finds himself located at a solid 1325 ELO Rating, which is outstanding. It is expected that the majority of what we consider "good" fighters would break 1300 rating after their 25th game, but Panda127 has met and surpassed that benchmark after just 19. He is certainly on his way to becoming one of the leaders heading in to the start of Season One.

Magerman stands as a legitimate challenge to Panda127's first ranking title. After just 6 matches, Magerman has reached an outstanding 1309 Rating, all of his matches being wins. Although this is a very impressive feat, going undefeated right from the get-go, Magerman will have a lot to prove in the upcoming matches. The two have yet to face off, and that will ultimately be the deciding factor as we head in to Season One.

This does not exclude anyone else from being in the top ELO ratings, or even from being the best. GB6801 gives it his all every time he steps into the Arena, and day after day he commits himself to being his best. Sooner or later, that is going to pay off. He is definitely not out of this race.

There are many others in the Season One roster that have a shot at being the best. It is definitely not out of the question for anyone. What is more important is seeing the big names step in to the Arena for the first time; that will be a huge factor in determining this Season's progress. Cogohst, Kerovon, Kojaimea, and others all have yet to set foot in the Arena. We will also hope to see some newer players try their hand in the Arena as well. Like we've said: nothing is out of the question.

Rewarded

Gladiators Deserving Fruits for their Feats?

A concept has been floating around since the development of the Arena system. The idea is to provide higher end players with some sort of reward to mark their progress.

Two things are confirmed: One: There will be tournaments. Whether they be ELO Rating specific or Open for all players, there will be tournaments. And two: There will be prizes for said tournaments. Whether it be Realm Credits, Diamonds, or Dirt, there will be prizes.

But another idea has been floating about as well. Take, for example, the A Class, which is the subgroup of Arena fighters with ratings 1701-1900. This is definitely a prestiguous class to be in. The idea was that higher-end classes such as these would have their own tags before their names in game (just as Mods have
MODERATED
before their name) to signify their performance in the raw, true PvP setting that is the Arena.

Helping Out

Vidunalis Arena Now Encouraging Donations!

The Arena is always in need of the help of those who love the sport. If you have some extra Realm Credits lying around, or maybe even some extra Cobble, Diamonds, Dirt, Torches, etc., they can all be put to good use at the Arena. It will be put towards making the soon-to-be great stadium even great. More generous donations will receive an appreciable plaque in the Grand Hall of the stadium.

Thanks for checking in today with the latest news with the Arena! See you next time!

Original Arena Thread: http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1658

The Arena.jpg
From left to right: Energybrothers, Zer0Percent, GB6801, Panda127. All of which are very well-to-do Arena fighters.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Oh lovely, we're starting another MineRealm news segment? I give this 5 issues max.

However, this seems like something I'd be glad to write about, preferably in some sort of "loser of the week" fashion. I'll be glad to write things openly mocking the worst of the worst while this lasts.
Lightbulbs wrote:Oh lovely, we're starting another MineRealm news segment? I give this 5 issues max.

However, this seems like something I'd be glad to write about, preferably in some sort of "loser of the week" fashion. I'll be glad to write things openly mocking the worst of the worst while this lasts.
I like to do this thing called "listen to public opinion" when I do things like a news blog, fanfic, etc. By this I mean if it doesn't reach some sort of notoriety, I like to drop it or ease off on it.

And there are no losers in the Arena so long as you try your best <3 (+5 to Sappiness!)
By Cogohst
green67431 wrote:update the sever i cna't get on :(
We probably don't want you here if you can't take the time to put this in the right place.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]