To commemorate the occasion, we've launched Old School MineRealm.
Start playing now at oldschool.minerealm.com!
Old School MineRealm was inspired by MineRealm 1.0 which launched in 2010, and brings back a number of gameplay features found in Minecraft Beta 1.7.3 and earlier.
- Vanilla gameplay with the latest functionality of Minecraft 1.16.3.
- Custom lighting system that makes nights darker (and scarier). Skipping nights is disabled.
- Customized terrain generator to be more similar to older Minecraft versions, with more variety in generated terrain.
- Changed health system so that food directly restores hearts.
- Changed hunger system so that it automatically regenerates over time (sprinting now requires cooldown periods).
- Changed mobs to have increased damage during the night/mist/Nether, as well as to sprint while chasing a player that’s sprinting or in the Nether.
- Changed creeper explosions to not cause block damage on terrain unmodified by players.
- Changed fire spread to accelerate faster, with increased burning range. Player placed blocks have an increased chance of igniting.
- Implemented togglable PVP, with always-on PVP in the Nether and End.
- Implemented a linked chat system with the MineRealm Classic server.
- Implemented player profiles, as well as /spawn and /home commands.
- Implemented cross-server buddy and guild systems.
- Implemented the following classic MineRealm features: custom weather, reduced phantom spawns, mob limits, the mist, anti-cheat system, and the credit system.
- Credits earned on Old School MineRealm can be used in the MineRealm Store (/store), or on the MineRealm Classic server.
- The food bar is now a sprint bar, and care should be taken to manage your remaining stamina.
For additional server information, please visit https://www.minerealm.com/c/4/16805