Due to performance issues on the server, I've had to make some changes to how the entity limiter works on the server. For those of you technically inclined, you can see a timings report here, which shows that the server TPS was dropping below 20: http://aikar.co/timings.php?url=8041386
With the new entity management system, entities on owned plots take priority over unowned plots.
The new, minimum, number of guaranteed entities per plot are as follows:
Public (Unowned) Plots:
- 1x Boat/Minecart
- x5 Monsters
- x5 Creatures
- 5x Boats/Minecarts (combined)
- x10 Monsters
- x20 Creatures (x50 if <=20 creatures in adjacent plots)
Exceptions to limits:
- The number of entities in a plot may exceed the "guaranteed entities" threshold if there are less than 100 entities in approximately a 500 block radius.
- The limit for creatures in a private (owned) plot will increase from 20 to 50 if the combined number of creatures in the directly surrounding plots is <= 20.
- Monsters less than 5 minutes old will not despawn in a private plot if the total monster count in the plot is <= 50.
- Zombie Pigmen less than 5 minutes old, but at least 30 seconds old, will have AI disabled if exceeding the base monster limit in a private plot.
- 2015-05-23: Increased monster limit for monsters less than 5 minutes old from 20 to 50. (Testing, may be reverted)