As you may have noticed, the server went down around 5PM PST on May 15th. Upon investigation, we determined that there was a hardware failure, and sent a request to our datacenter to perform a full chassis swap.
Upon bringing the server back up, we found that the world data for the server was severely corrupted (server wouldn't start up), and that data would have to be restored from backups.
However, upon going to our backups, we found the latest backup was made on May 11th. Backups are supposed to be made ever few hours, so after doing a bit of debugging, I determined there was filesystem corruption, and ran a file system check, which took several hours.
Once I had once again brought the server back up, I had to repair our MySQL tables, which were corrupted, brought the backup system back online (wiped corrupted backup data + re-synced), and then copied over the world data from May 11th.
Fortunately, we utilize a powerful plugin named CoreProtect ( ), and I was able to restore over 1.3 million rows of block data for the past 5 days. However, inventories & chest data will be at their May 11th state.
At this point, I'm doing a bit of final cleanup, such as having Dynmap re-render world data. However, the server is now back online, and should be stable.
Unfortunately, inventory & chest data will be stuck as-is; staff members are not able to spawn items, and will not be able to restore chest contents. However, considering the amount of data corruption that occurred, we're lucky that we were able to restore as much data as we did.
Thank you for your understanding, and thanks for supporting MineRealm!