Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By MrKeveCool
Sorry Rokkr but i think this rule update is to much. you should be able to buy realms as you please (with certain exceptions) This rule is only good for the staff not the users themselves and i think many new players (the serious ones) who wants to buy a realm will think MR is boring because you have to fill in a certain form for every realm you purchase. i have a much better suggestion which will solve this thing so both staff and the users will be happy
By Silthorn
Hi :)
I have a couple of questions that I'm not sure were covered by the other posts on this thread.

1. If one of my neighbours to my realm, who I am friends with, doesn't log in for a while and their realms disband, will I still need to submit an application to buy the realm, even if my sole intention is to preserve the buildings/items from looting or grief, and to give it back to the player once they log in again? I can't be on very often, so I'm just worried that if I see it disband, then don't log in for a while, it would already be owned by another person and lost >_<

2. I have a "house" in one of the player owned cities. If the person who owns the realms in the city leaves, will I be able to purchase the land that my house is on? Or will I still need to submit an application, even though my items etc are on the realm?

Thanks in advance~! ^_^
By v1RuX
First of all, sorry for the weird sentences. I'm not a native english speaker and a bit unsure how to express was I want to say.

Let my describe my understanding of the rules before rokkrs post:

You buy a realm. If it's freshly disbanded or there are any chests/buildings on them you ask staff for permission to tear them down. BSG and Torn were the ones in my cases. Both allowed me to alter the realm if I keep the items. I put them into separate chests and if one of the players ever comes back he can take his items.

BSG and Torn both could have said "No, we dont allow you to tear this down!" or "Wait xyz weeks." or "Sell it back please.".

Now what changed after rockrs clarification?

First, if you are more than 500 blocks away from spawn, you are not allowed to buy a realm with items/buildings on it. Instead you have to apply and ask for permission.

In my opinion you should still be able to buy any realm you want, but before changing anything you have to fill out an application. The advantage over ingame chat is that a record about the decision exists. Both, player and staff member, can refer to it if needed. Furthermore other stuff members can look them up and dont have to bother the owner if any problems pop up.

What about the risk of losing 1000 credits? I assume that the applications are not visible for other players. So if you dont want to take the risk, apply first. If anyone buys that realm in the meantime - your bad.

In short terms:
I like the application idea. I dont like the buy-restriction after 500 blocks. I would force anyone to apply before changing a realm. Every player buying but not touching a realm before applying is knowingly risking 1000 credits, but not a ban.
By Tyranitar140
Rokkrwolf312 wrote:
Tyranitar140 wrote:I just have 2 issues I'd like to address with a fake-possible example of each.

1. First come first serve: I think players should be able to 'get in line' for applying to get a realm. This would allow the first people to get to a realm and type a command such as /apply to get in line. For example: Tyranitar140hp gets to a spawn realm first and types /apply. Then dlgn comes along and types /apply as well. Tyranitar's application must be accepted or denied for good reason before dlgn's, and dlgn's must be accepted or denied for good reason before the third person to type /apply and so on. This would prevent biased decisions over who gets a spawn realm i.e. staff having priorities or players better at writing applications having priority. This could also simply be solved my allowing a realm to be bought BEFORE an application needs to be made.

2. I believe that it is silly to make it possible for someone to buy the realm and get banned for it. IF this new policy is not changed, it should at least be altered so that players cannot buy realms previously owned and disbanned to avoid unnecessary bans. For example: Tyranitar140hp (assume I'm a newb who just got 10k) finds a public relam near spawn (or somewhere else). He types /realm purchase and the server doesn't allow him to do this since the realm was previously owned (avoiding a slightly unfair bann). Seems like it needs to be changed to me.

Thats all,

~Tyran
1. .... I suggest reading the thread again. It technically is a first come first serve basis, and from what you used as an example was spawn realms, which DO NOT require you to ask staff prior to purchasing. So when it disbands it's up for grabs by whomever, then they post a form for permission to remove items/buildings ect, of course their reason they bought it as well. So I don't see how priorities would take any effect in the spawn realms.

2. Are you going to code it? I think you should read it again, no one is going to be banned for their first offense and maybe no even their second it depends on the situation and whom it is. A newer player will most like be warned/showed to the rule that is in effect and problem solved. Coding a elaborate system to prevent everyone from buying the realms sounds like more of a hassle than what has been put in place. So players being ban unfairly is far from what is posted.
I didn't see the whole 500 blocks from spawn thing with my first read, which basically fixes everything I thought was wrong. However, as several players have now mentioned, U do believe that the application should be needed to change or alter something on a realm, not to buy it.
By dlgn
Do remember, guys, that this also has something to do with the über-secret new realm system that Intelli is developing.
By Bu1ld0g
Rokkrwolf312 wrote:To facilitate contacting Staff when they may either not be on or are busy, you will now be asked/required to fill out an application to purchase realms.
Whilst my knee-jerk reaction was the same as others, ie "Are you serious?"
the application form is only if staff are not online/unavailable.
A lot of people seem to be getting confused over this part.

Saying that, I fully expect a council style points system being put in place any day now with a waiting list to boot :P
By Rokkrwolf
MrKeveCool wrote:Sorry Rokkr but i think this rule update is to much. you should be able to buy realms as you please (with certain exceptions) This rule is only good for the staff not the users themselves and i think many new players (the serious ones) who wants to buy a realm will think MR is boring because you have to fill in a certain form for every realm you purchase. i have a much better suggestion which will solve this thing so both staff and the users will be happy
You do realize it is only for realms with items/buildings on it right? A new player should already be on their toes about the rules and asking either way. How would you feel if some random nub walked into a city you just built and bought a realm? They have no clue if players live there or not. It's not every realm you purchase it's only the ones with items on it already.

Silthorn wrote:Hi :)
I have a couple of questions that I'm not sure were covered by the other posts on this thread.

1. If one of my neighbours to my realm, who I am friends with, doesn't log in for a while and their realms disband, will I still need to submit an application to buy the realm, even if my sole intention is to preserve the buildings/items from looting or grief, and to give it back to the player once they log in again? I can't be on very often, so I'm just worried that if I see it disband, then don't log in for a while, it would already be owned by another person and lost >_<

2. I have a "house" in one of the player owned cities. If the person who owns the realms in the city leaves, will I be able to purchase the land that my house is on? Or will I still need to submit an application, even though my items etc are on the realm?

Thanks in advance~! ^_^
1. Correct you will need to make a form, though if you know it is going to disband and can be on just msg staff and they will give you permission to buy it then have you fill out the form after. If someone else has bought it without permission then they most likely would be forced to sell. So I wouldn't worry about that too much.

2. Hmm this is actually a decent question compared to all the repeat questions. I'd still say it's best to fill out a form/talk to staff then fill it out. I don't think players are understanding you can still get permission from staff in-game but will be required to fill out the form after. But if no staff are on create it and we will get to it when we can.

The only real difference between the old way and now is not only the form but we are enforcing the mandatory ask staff which we told players over and over to ask us before.

Bu1ld0g wrote:
Rokkrwolf312 wrote:To facilitate contacting Staff when they may either not be on or are busy, you will now be asked/required to fill out an application to purchase realms.
Whilst my knee-jerk reaction was the same as others, ie "Are you serious?"
the application form is only if staff are not online/unavailable.
A lot of people seem to be getting confused over this part.

Saying that, I fully expect a council style points system being put in place any day now with a waiting list to boot :P
See bu1l understands what I was saying, aside from being asked/required to fill it out after, it's not really that big of a deal as you guys are making it out to be.
By Bu1ld0g
Rokkrwolf312 wrote:aside from being asked/required to fill it out after
You still need to fill out an application form after being given permission?
Meh, saves me having to keep screenies of staff convos about realm ownership/item content.
By v1RuX
Bu1ld0g wrote:
Meh, saves me having to keep screenies of staff convos about realm ownership/item content.
+1
By Rokkrwolf
Bu1ld0g wrote:
Well yeah that and staff don't have to dig through logs to show that they did give permission and stops players from lying/crisscrossing staff members. It only takes a moment it's not gonna take people more than a minute or two.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]