Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
  • User avatar
  • User avatar
  • User avatar
  • User avatar
By Prodigy9
#178890
The application form seems like it will be helpful for getting in touch with staff about these sorts of things, without the need to find a time in-game that's convenient for everyone. Still, bans for buying realms without permission seems a bit harsh. It makes sense to require staff permission to buy/modify realms that have someone else's buildings, but I guess I don't see the point of also requiring this for unoccupied realms.
User avatar
By dlgn
#178895
I agree with the others: I believe that it would be better to have to submit an application after buying the realm, perhaps within a day or so, and before modifying anything. If it were not accepted, the realm would have to be sold back. Just an idea, though, since Rokkr obviously knows more about the process than we do.
By Eetrab
#178909
MrKeveCool wrote:so what you are meaning with this Rokkr is (correct me if im wrong) that now everyone need to talk to the staff if its ok to buy realms anywhere except within 500 blocks of spawn?
[snip]
Prodigy9 wrote:[snip] It makes sense to require staff permission to buy/modify realms that have someone else's buildings, but I guess I don't see the point of also requiring this for unoccupied realms.
By unoccupied I assume you mean untouched.
Rokkrwolf312 wrote:[snip]
It is now Mandatory that players ask Staff permission before buying any realms or modifying anything in those realms that have disbanded or are public with items/buildings on it. Failure to comply can and will result in a ban.
[snip]
User avatar
By dlgn
#178910
I see perfectly well why we should need to apply to buy realms with builds on them. I just think it would be more convenient for us to be permitted to buy the realm before applying, but still have to make a request before actually modifying anything. That would preserve the excitement of being able to go on an exploration mission to buy realms, while preventing people from doing anything without staff permission.

However, I suspect that this won't be too applicable for a while, because with the 1.7 wipe coming up, a great deal of public land will become unoccupied :D
By Prodigy9
#178920
Eetrab wrote: By unoccupied I assume you mean untouched.
Rokkrwolf312 wrote:[snip]
It is now Mandatory that players ask Staff permission before buying any realms or modifying anything in those realms that have disbanded or are public with items/buildings on it. Failure to comply can and will result in a ban.
[snip]
Hmmm have I been misinterpreting that key sentence? I interpreted it as requiring staff permission to buy ANY realm (regardless of previous ownership/build status), and to modify realms (only in the case of disbanded/previously-occupied realms).

I guess what I'm getting at is the question of whether the "...that have disbanded or are public with items/buildings on it" clause is meant to apply only to the thing immediately preceding it (i.e. modifying anything) or to both preceding actions (i.e. modifying anything OR purchasing the realm). Or, to simplify the matter, is it necessary to obtain permission to buy a realm that had not disbanded and does not contain another player's items or buildings?

Sorry for nitpicking on grammar, but in this case it really is making it difficult for me to figure out the intended meaning.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
By AriAllen
#178928
Ok, so if im understanding this correctly which i believe i am. Is if i want to buy my neihbors realm after it disbans and nothing is on it and its outside of spawn. I fill out the forum and then when a staff member gets back to me saying its ok, then and only then can i purchase said realm and start to brake or place any blocks in that realm. Is that correct?
User avatar
By Rokkrwolf
#178930
Eetrab wrote:I have two questions:

1. In the situation where two or more people intend to buy a realm (outside of the 500 block radius limit) for the same reason and submit the application at the same time, is there any official method as to how staff will determine who can buy the realm?

2. If a player buys a realm that looks untouched but is a disbanded underground complex, will that player be subject to punishment if he or she was unaware of previous ownership?
1. A number of factors might come into play such as guild member, realm member, reasons why you are buying the realm ect. But in the end the staff will decide appropriately, but I understand what you are asking.

2. No they will not be subject to punishment, if they didn't know why would we penalize them? If anything depending on the situation they may be asked to sell but we will see when these things arise.

MrKeveCool wrote:so what you are meaning with this Rokkr is (correct me if im wrong) that now everyone need to talk to the staff if its ok to buy realms anywhere except within 500 blocks of spawn? to me this seems like its going to take up a lot of staffs time. i have 1 question about this though. say that i want to buy an realm and have to ask staff for permission to do so and there is no staff online? it seems a bit unfair to the person who have to wait and someone else buys the realm with permission from a staff. So maybe you could change the rules to that you can buy the realm but after youve done so ask a staff member if its ok if its not then the person have to sell the realm back to the server.
As it still stands any realms within 500 blocks of spawn do not require permission for purchasing prior, that is because these are highly desirable and if we made people wait well... let's just say people wouldn't and we don't want to ban them over it so we thought the radius was good for now. As far as no staff being online either way you'd still have to fill out the form for many reason but mostly so we have records. This doesn't mean we won't handle them ingame but I'll get to that later in my post.

Prodigy9 wrote:The application form seems like it will be helpful for getting in touch with staff about these sorts of things, without the need to find a time in-game that's convenient for everyone. Still, bans for buying realms without permission seems a bit harsh. It makes sense to require staff permission to buy/modify realms that have someone else's buildings, but I guess I don't see the point of also requiring this for unoccupied realms.
It will be extremely helpful, among other reason which I will post near the bottom. But as far as bans being harsh if you didn't read the offense's are subject to change at staff discretion if you are lucky you could get several warnings, but that doesn't mean try to abuse the system because that will result in a ban. The main point behind this is to stop people from buying disbanded realms just to loot.

dlgn wrote:I agree with the others: I believe that it would be better to have to submit an application after buying the realm, perhaps within a day or so, and before modifying anything. If it were not accepted, the realm would have to be sold back. Just an idea, though, since Rokkr obviously knows more about the process than we do.
Well I have thought this over several times and I understand what you guys are asking/wanting but do you really want to waste 1k everytime to have us make you sell it? I'm not saying it's the case everytime but these things would happen, but it is being considered and I will discuss it with the rest of staff.

Prodigy9 wrote:Hmmm have I been misinterpreting that key sentence? I interpreted it as requiring staff permission to buy ANY realm (regardless of previous ownership/build status), and to modify realms (only in the case of disbanded/previously-occupied realms).

I guess what I'm getting at is the question of whether the "...that have disbanded or are public with items/buildings on it" clause is meant to apply only to the thing immediately preceding it (i.e. modifying anything) or to both preceding actions (i.e. modifying anything OR purchasing the realm). Or, to simplify the matter, is it necessary to obtain permission to buy a realm that had not disbanded and does not contain another player's items or buildings?

Sorry for nitpicking on grammar, but in this case it really is making it difficult for me to figure out the intended meaning.
Basically the second picture you listed is just that. The rule applies to both actions, in the sense that purchasing any realm with buildings or items ect on it is mandatory to talk to staff prior to purchase, unless it is within the 500 blocks on spawn then you can purchase then ask staff about modification.

With the rules set this way it opens up several things(I won't list all to keep post short) -

1. If no staff are on, then players can submit a form which all staff are notified and can get to it asap.

Note: This feature also enables players to not only submit forms for purchasing disbanded/public realms, but players can also use this to alert staff of realm disputes. This is something I haven't said yet so making people aware they can use this the same way.

2. It keeps a record for staff purposes, to many times have I been told "x" staff told me I could do this or that. Just to find out they never asked any of the staff. So we will have records of who purchased/modify which realm and which staff so there is no discrepancies. It also prevents players from jumping from staff to staff trying to get different answers.

3. Will hopefully stop the looting, if not they will suffer the consequences.

I mean we aren't here to stop you guys from buying realms, we just want you to speak to us first. This doesn't mean it won't be handled in-game you can still ask staff, but be prepared to take a moment or two to fill out the form after you speak with them, that way we can keep it on record.

AriAllen wrote:Ok, so if im understanding this correctly which i believe i am. Is if i want to buy my neihbors realm after it disbans and nothing is on it and its outside of spawn. I fill out the forum and then when a staff member gets back to me saying its ok, then and only then can i purchase said realm and start to brake or place any blocks in that realm. Is that correct?
If there is no items/builds on the realm you can purchase it freely. But if there is items you should consult staff, if they are in-game they might help(unless busy then they will send you to the form). If they aren't they will help you then ask you to fill out the form for record purposes. If no staff are on fill it out and we will get to it asap.
User avatar
By Tyranitar140
#178960
I just have 2 issues I'd like to address with a fake-possible example of each.

1. First come first serve: I think players should be able to 'get in line' for applying to get a realm. This would allow the first people to get to a realm and type a command such as /apply to get in line. For example: Tyranitar140hp gets to a spawn realm first and types /apply. Then dlgn comes along and types /apply as well. Tyranitar's application must be accepted or denied for good reason before dlgn's, and dlgn's must be accepted or denied for good reason before the third person to type /apply and so on. This would prevent biased decisions over who gets a spawn realm i.e. staff having priorities or players better at writing applications having priority. This could also simply be solved my allowing a realm to be bought BEFORE an application needs to be made.

2. I believe that it is silly to make it possible for someone to buy the realm and get banned for it. IF this new policy is not changed, it should at least be altered so that players cannot buy realms previously owned and disbanned to avoid unnecessary bans. For example: Tyranitar140hp (assume I'm a newb who just got 10k) finds a public relam near spawn (or somewhere else). He types /realm purchase and the server doesn't allow him to do this since the realm was previously owned (avoiding a slightly unfair bann). Seems like it needs to be changed to me.

Thats all,

~Tyran
User avatar
By Rokkrwolf
#178966
Tyranitar140 wrote:I just have 2 issues I'd like to address with a fake-possible example of each.

1. First come first serve: I think players should be able to 'get in line' for applying to get a realm. This would allow the first people to get to a realm and type a command such as /apply to get in line. For example: Tyranitar140hp gets to a spawn realm first and types /apply. Then dlgn comes along and types /apply as well. Tyranitar's application must be accepted or denied for good reason before dlgn's, and dlgn's must be accepted or denied for good reason before the third person to type /apply and so on. This would prevent biased decisions over who gets a spawn realm i.e. staff having priorities or players better at writing applications having priority. This could also simply be solved my allowing a realm to be bought BEFORE an application needs to be made.

2. I believe that it is silly to make it possible for someone to buy the realm and get banned for it. IF this new policy is not changed, it should at least be altered so that players cannot buy realms previously owned and disbanned to avoid unnecessary bans. For example: Tyranitar140hp (assume I'm a newb who just got 10k) finds a public relam near spawn (or somewhere else). He types /realm purchase and the server doesn't allow him to do this since the realm was previously owned (avoiding a slightly unfair bann). Seems like it needs to be changed to me.

Thats all,

~Tyran
1. .... I suggest reading the thread again. It technically is a first come first serve basis, and from what you used as an example was spawn realms, which DO NOT require you to ask staff prior to purchasing. So when it disbands it's up for grabs by whomever, then they post a form for permission to remove items/buildings ect, of course their reason they bought it as well. So I don't see how priorities would take any effect in the spawn realms.

2. Are you going to code it? I think you should read it again, no one is going to be banned for their first offense and maybe no even their second it depends on the situation and whom it is. A newer player will most like be warned/showed to the rule that is in effect and problem solved. Coding a elaborate system to prevent everyone from buying the realms sounds like more of a hassle than what has been put in place. So players being ban unfairly is far from what is posted.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]