Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By Rokkrwolf
With the increase of plor disbands lately, there has been a lot of commotion and false information regarding the rules and how the system works. I will try and explain every aspect regarding these rules and the steps on how to do it correctly.

First off, there has been a misinterpretation regarding the "Two Week Rule", mostly involving this quote:
Intelli wrote:
BSGSamuel wrote:There is no time limit on the items, they are yours and you will always be entitled to them.
Really? I thought it was two weeks. If the current rules say we need to save items for other players forever, that seems silly, and we should change that.
This can be found here - http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopi ... 75#p176875

Intelli is correct in the sense that items are not saved forever. However, the two week "rule" is all speculation. I will try to clarify the Staff view of the "Two Week Rule". To start, this rule isn't an official rule nor is it listed in the rules. There are several reasons behind it but seeing as there is a substantial amount of confusion, we will try to clarify the situation. I will make this clear: PLAYERS AREN'T ALLOWED TO HANDLE THIS RULE THEMSELVES.

The "Two Week Rule" was presented to Staff quite awhile back and has been in use for awhile, but the "Two Week Rule" is just the original name suggested, and not reflective of the content of the rule. Two weeks is in no way an official time, nor is it a reason for players to loot plots. The "Two Week Rule" is to allow players who lapse the disband date to collect their items. As I said “Two Weeks” is not the actual time enforced. The time enforced is left up to the Staff member who is handling the situation to ensure that they are able to exercise flexibility depending on the circumstances. This is why we ask players to consult Staff when buying plots and when altering them(this will be changing but we will get to that later). So, the Staff can decide that it can be two days, two weeks, or two months. In the end what it comes down to is "Why are you purchasing the plot?" If a Staff member feels you are there to just loot the items, they will most likely tell you either not to purchase it or ask you to sell it. (In some cases players plots have been forced to disband) The reason we leave it open is because situations vary on a case by case basis, and aren't able to easily be covered by a single monolithic rule.

I know you are asking "But why isn't the rule set in stone and official?" Well, as I said, if we made it official we'd need a set date or procedure to handle all contingencies. "Two Weeks" was just a rough generalization that was a convenient thing to refer to it as. If it was officially set in stone, players would abuse the rule to loot and get by without asking Staff permission. Staff are already aware several players already take advantage of this and do it anyway without Staff consent. If you are caught doing this, you will be punished and I don't just mean banned for looting, I mean severely banned for quite some time.

With this out of the way, I am going to present a new approach to this situation and set a new rule in place regarding such things. It is now Mandatory that players ask Staff permission before buying any plots or modifying anything in those plots that have disbanded or are public with items/buildings on it. Failure to comply can and will result in a ban. To facilitate contacting Staff when they may either not be on or are busy, you will now be asked/required to fill out an application to purchase plots. This will also make it easier for Staff to maintain and keep records of who received permission.

This application can be found here - http://minerealm.com/realm-app

All apps will be reviewed by Staff, and Staff will respond back as soon as possible with the contact method(s) you have chosen in the application. Sending in applications that knowingly contain false information or are jokes can and will result in a ban, so only use it for official inquires. If you have any other questions feel free to speak to Rokkrwolf312 or email [email protected].com

Note: The requirement to contact Staff for permission before purchasing plots will not apply in plots within 500 blocks of spawn (Any plots that have both x and y coordinates under 500 (i.e. (125, 50), (375, 400), etc...). You are allowed to purchase these plots without first seeking permission. However after purchase you should contact Staff for permissions to move items/blocks, and should follow the newly established plot purchase methodology. (If it is just random noob-huts Staff will probably just make the decision in-game and not need to bother with the application.)

To aid in the transition to this new rule method, we are implementing a punishment scheme for people who violate these rules, this will also help the server/people who are still finding out about them. The punishment will be as follows:

First Offense - Warning by Staff and being linked to the thread. May be forced to sell plot.
Second Offense - Banned for several days and will be forced to sell the plot back to server
Third Offense - Banned for several weeks and will be forced to sell the plot to the owner for 1rc
Last Offense - Permaban

(Offenses are subject to change at Staff discretion)

Additionally, I have included an example regarding buying plots just to resell them. I placed them in a spoiler to save room -
Spoiler :
This situation has come up on several occasions. Seeing as there is much confusion over this I'll make it clear "Buying a plot just to resell for profit is not ok".

However, that doesn't mean buying and reselling is completely against the rules. What it comes down to like anything else is the situation. I will list a few examples of things not to do:

A: Rokkrwolf312 buys a spawn plot and immediately posts in chat that he's selling the plot for 100k.

B: Rokkrwolf312 buys a plot near another build/player intentionally knowing it is preventing a player from expanding/working. Then trying to extort the player for a higher amount to make a profit.
By dlgn
So just to clarify, I have a few examples/questions regarding this. Say Roach left and the Vortex Triple Skelly Grinder disbanded, and that all the members of Vortex came and took all their items and valuables from the realm. If some unrelated user (say Neuro_Gasm) wanted to buy it, would she be permitted to do so if any of the following were true?

1. She wanted to close it up and have it to herself 24/7.
2. She wanted to leave it open to the public.
3. She wanted to rent it out on an hourly basis.
4. She wanted to tear it down and build something else.
5. If any of 1-4 were true, but some other member of Vortex (say, RickTheRuler) who didn't have a direct claim to the grinder wished to buy it instead.

Also, how does this affect camping of desirable realms that aren't within the spawn area? Is it permissible to send in an application before a realm disbands, if it seems likely to?

Thanks,
~dlgn
By Rokkrwolf
dlgn wrote:So just to clarify, I have a few examples/questions regarding this. Say Roach left and the Vortex Triple Skelly Grinder disbanded, and that all the members of Vortex came and took all their items and valuables from the realm. If some unrelated user (say Neuro_Gasm) wanted to buy it, would she be permitted to do so if any of the following were true?

1. She wanted to close it up and have it to herself 24/7.
2. She wanted to leave it open to the public.
3. She wanted to rent it out on an hourly basis.
4. She wanted to tear it down and build something else.
5. If any of 1-4 were true, but some other member of Vortex (say, RickTheRuler) who didn't have a direct claim to the grinder wished to buy it instead.

Also, how does this affect camping of desirable realms that aren't within the spawn area? Is it permissible to send in an application before a realm disbands, if it seems likely to?

Thanks,
~dlgn
Well I wouldn't say they are true per-say, that's up to the staff member to decide when the app is submitted. But if they had good enough claim to purchase the realm then they can do with it as they please.

If multiple people want to purchase the same realm, then possibly old realm member might take a bit priority but most likely not we want to treat everyone equally. As far as camping it doesn't change anything people will still camp those realms as usually and have to submit an app after purchase, but if you really have nothing you are going to do with it or want to just loot you should stay away.

But for those realms no we won't accept apps early for them, because you have no idea if you will get it and if it disbanded and you were there prior how is that far to anyone else?
By dlgn
I'm a bit confused; in the OP, you said that apps have to be submitted before purchase, but in your last post, you said that players would be allowed to submit apps after buying the realm.
By Rokkrwolf
dlgn wrote:I'm a bit confused; in the OP, you said that apps have to be submitted before purchase, but in your last post, you said that players would be allowed to submit apps after buying the realm.
Read it again.

Note: The requirement to contact Staff for permission before purchasing realms will not apply in realms within 500 blocks of spawn (Any realms that have both x and y coordinates under 500 (i.e. (125, 50), (375, 400), etc...). You are allowed to purchase these realms without first seeking permission. However after purchase you should contact Staff for permissions to move items/blocks, and should follow the newly established realm purchase methodology. (If it is just random noob-huts Staff will probably just make the decision in-game and not need to bother with the application.)
By dlgn
I see, but I'm talking about realms further out. For example, I'm sure that people would camp the Arcane base if Red left.
By Joseph3114
Why not just extend the disband period to 45 days, consider the grace period included, and anything after then is fair game?

I have dates/names written down of several I'm waiting to disband and this just seems so overly complicated.
By Rokkrwolf
dlgn wrote:I see, but I'm talking about realms further out. For example, I'm sure that people would camp the Arcane base if Red left.
They still need to wait till after disband before making the app. But I see what you are saying.
Joseph3114 wrote:Why not just extend the disband period to 45 days, consider the grace period included, and anything after then is fair game?

I have dates/names written down of several I'm waiting to disband and this just seems so overly complicated.
How is it over complicated? Did you even read the thread? The "Two Weeks Rule" is just a phrase it doesn't determine anything that is left up to staff to determine. It could be 1 day it could be months. All you have to do is give legit reason as to why you want the realm. From what you just said basically says "Well why can't we just own the loot after 45 days, I'm just scoping out realms to loot."
By Eetrab
I have two questions:

1. In the situation where two or more people intend to buy a realm (outside of the 500 block radius limit) for the same reason and submit the application at the same time, is there any official method as to how staff will determine who can buy the realm?

2. If a player buys a realm that looks untouched but is a disbanded underground complex, will that player be subject to punishment if he or she was unaware of previous ownership?
By MrKeveCool
so what you are meaning with this Rokkr is (correct me if im wrong) that now everyone need to talk to the staff if its ok to buy realms anywhere except within 500 blocks of spawn? to me this seems like its going to take up a lot of staffs time. i have 1 question about this though. say that i want to buy an realm and have to ask staff for permission to do so and there is no staff online? it seems a bit unfair to the person who have to wait and someone else buys the realm with permission from a staff. So maybe you could change the rules to that you can buy the realm but after youve done so ask a staff member if its ok if its not then the person have to sell the realm back to the server.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]