Post any ban appeals or ban requests within this forum.

Should this appeal/request be accepted?

Yes
No votes
0%
No
No votes
0%
By Zarvanis
I posted a ban appeal a few minutes ago, but I realizing I did the title incorrectly. So I made a new post.

ORIGINAL POST:
I was just digging around, when I was suddenly banned for using X-Ray, or something. I don't know why, since I wasn't using it (and I never have used it). Can someone explain to me how and why this could have happened, and can I get the ban lifted?

I was just reading some of the other ban appeals when I read a post from Rokkrwolf saying,
Next time you're going to mine silked ore do it above y:40.

I was mining diamonds with a fortune III pick on bedrock level, so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it.
By dlgn
Hi there.

Just to be clear, I'm not an admin, just an experienced player. However, giving you the benefit of the doubt, it is entirely possible to be banned wrongly by the automatic x-ray filter. The mods are understandably a bit cagey about the exact details, but it's designed to detect when you're finding ores at a pretty much impossibly fast rate. So if you do happen to find a huge jackpot (and I mean huge) or (more commonly) mine a bunch of silk-touched diamond ore below level 40 (which obviously will capture all real x-rayers since diamonds only generate at 16 or below), it can ban you despite you not using x-ray. However, if you're innocent, the mods should be able to determine this, since they have logs of all activity and can use server commands to actually go there and see what you did. In general, it's just best to try mining silk-touched ore above level 40 so the system knows you aren't an x-rayer and you can avoid the hassle.

Of course, it's entirely possible that you were banned for something else, and the fact that you were mining at the time is a complete coincidence. Anyway, hope this helped, and good luck.

~dlgn
By Zarvanis
Under my realms (or "plots" are we're apparently calling them now) is a massive cavern that I dug out over the course of months. I had been leaving all the diamonds I found so I could dig them all out at once. I finally decided to get around to collecting them with my Fortune III pick, and in the middle of doing so I got banned.

The staff can check under my realms to see what I have been digging if they want proof.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]