Talk about absolutely anything here!
By Seuter
Hello, you all know me.... I mentioned in my "Introduce Yourself" post that I am looking for engineering/math/programming/whateverthehellyouthinkisclosetooneofthose online thing I can learn at home through, well, the internet... (Duh.) So I am making a chitchat topic about online programs that I could, or theoretically, anyone could take. MY qualifications are math through Algerbra II and Highschool geometry (Grr... Still waiting on the math department to let me take calculus in my sophmore year...). Anyway, it doesnt need to conform to those because it is a public thread.

Looking forward to see what you guys (And girls) have up your sleeves... :)
By Cheez99
Old topic is old but I'm bored and will reply anyway, since there have been no replies. For one, math is a horrible thing to take online, especially the higher level maths needed for engineering. And I'm sure plenty of people have learned to code on their own, but not me. I don't know of any online programming things to do then, but I do know a book that can help (maybe). It's "Java Software Solutions" by John Lewis and William Loftus. I love this book, it is my best friend. It was our required textbook for Java I. It does a really good job about explaining the language and how to use it and such.

Next, you need a compiler. JGrasp is free and easy to use; it's the one I was taught and it's the only one I use. NetBeans is suggested by Sun, but I tried using it and it frazzled my brains. It has a built-in GUI designer though, and that's pretty nifty.

This is assuming you want to learn Java, of course. I don't know anything about C or anything else yet. Hopefully this helps a little. I'm a software engineering major, by the way, sophomore at Auburn University. My qualifications are math through Calculus 3 and a full year of Java. ^_^ Computer major = LOTS OF MATH.
Cheez99 wrote:And I'm sure plenty of people have learned to code on their own
Exactly this.
Many people will teach themselves with open source files. Which is how I learned some C# programming, basically looking off other peoples sources and seeing how they made everything function. But of course, I needed a little help here and there from somebody.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]