Talk about absolutely anything here!
By LARDIMUS_PRIME
I am currently working on a massive storage system on a server I run for me and my friends.
2016-02-26_16.27.42.png
2016-02-26_16.27.42.png (875.08 KiB) Viewed 4390 times
I am designing it myself (in creative) not following tutorials and so far I'm quite happy with it, trying to make it as compact as possible which is proving to be quite difficult as there is a line of hoppers from the item elevator from the underground bulk storage, there is the redstone line for detecting when the reserve chest is full which then cuts off the hopper pipeline and opens up the second hopper pipeline running to a dropper to destroy excess items. All fitting in a 3 wide area.

I just wanted to post it on here to show off a little XD
By Chubsy
I made an auto-sorting system aswell for a skyblock server I used to play on. I found it easier to place the storage under my base so I didnt have to pipe items up.

Started with the normal sorting circuit

Added an overflow / light indicator to it so it wouldn't get clogged. Also Id have a way to tell if it's full

I used 2 types of chest setups, a straight and sloped.
The straight was used in the overflow area for nonstackable / overflow items. Downside to this is the upper chests dont auto fill the chests under. But it saves room.

The sloped chests I used for the main storage area.

Heres the layout of just the main sorting circuit. To the far right is the overflow chests.

Here it is all hooked up.

Inside when fininshed, One of the lamps is on showing the chests are all full. The overflow can be setup to be deleted or move to the overflow.

I added some trash lines that can be setup to delete a selected item or unwanted overflow. It just spits it into lava.

The whole thing is modular so it can me expanded either way and run fine. Heres how i used it, 2 setups side by side with overflow on the ends and trash line in the middle. theres a pathway in the middle to have access to both sides.

All in all it worked great and had more then enough room for me to afk farm mobs for days. You gotta love redstone man lol
By Chubsy
the one i have on my single player is more of a proof of concept and is just parts and components. I had the real one on a server that was wiped, saddly there isnt a copy of it anywhere :(
By LARDIMUS_PRIME
2016-03-01_22.44.32.png
2016-03-01_22.44.32.png (1020.73 KiB) Viewed 4268 times
First draft design (massive, over complicated)
2016-03-01_23.11.08.png
2016-03-01_23.11.08.png (588.4 KiB) Viewed 4268 times
2nd draft much better can fit 3 tiled side by side in smaller area than first draft

hopefully can come up with a 3rd draft which will be even more compact and efficient
By Chubsy
Ninjalo wrote:Don't worry. Chubsy the redstone guru is in your thread. You couldn't ask for someone better at redstone (;
haha thnx, but from the looks of it he has it under control :).
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]