Talk about absolutely anything here!
By Nephalem
Greetings people.

In these quiet times, I'd like to share some of the stuff I'm working on.
Some of you know the "Arcanious Tower Defence".
I'm planning to make another tower defence mini game using everything I've learned to pull it through.

This time it will be much more dynamic and interact-able with the game running in a cell based structure so that you can "maze" the zombies and use various of tower/trap types (E.G. Ice traps, fire traps) and placement to try different approaches of completing the map.

Here is a taste of some of the dynamic doors.
[youtube]VlDwvz_OuGY[/youtube]
If youtube does not work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlDwvz_OuGY

I'll like to thank everyone that gave me positive feedback, especially Syntax and his family. It's you guys that fuel me.
By dlgn
One side of my brain says "cool!" and the other says "your voice sounds different than I expected."
By MindlessInsanity
Good to know your trying this again. It's a coincidence, I just started Arcanious TD yesterday and this comes up. I had only one problem with it. You lose 1 wave and the entire game resets? Sheesh. I'll keep trying but that's a flaw I'm sure that can be worked out.
By DragonSlayer155
MindlessInsanity wrote:Good to know your trying this again. It's a coincidence, I just started Arcanious TD yesterday and this comes up. I had only one problem with it. You lose 1 wave and the entire game resets? Sheesh. I'll keep trying but that's a flaw I'm sure that can be worked out.
I personally think that's fine, as you lose one wave why should the game continue? You've lost right?
Correct me if I'm wrong :P (Played it myself, enjoyed it!)
By Nephalem
I chose to make the game reset if you lose.
The goal of this decision was to make the player more alert and make the completion of this map more rewarding. On the other hand: if you had a number of tries (E.G. 3 lives) it would be easier and more people would complete, but less rewarding.

There is no wrong or right here :P
By MindlessInsanity
DragonSlayer155 wrote:
MindlessInsanity wrote:Good to know your trying this again. It's a coincidence, I just started Arcanious TD yesterday and this comes up. I had only one problem with it. You lose 1 wave and the entire game resets? Sheesh. I'll keep trying but that's a flaw I'm sure that can be worked out.
I personally think that's fine, as you lose one wave why should the game continue? You've lost right?
Correct me if I'm wrong :P (Played it myself, enjoyed it!)
Where did you get this idea? I mean't just be able to replay the round. But after reading Nephalem's comment about "Rewarding" I get it now.
By Nephalem
Some sneaky progress pictures from my development of:
"Cephyr Tower Defence"

Cell structure.

15x15 cell structure.

Tower placement and path finding.

Advanced path finding.

Endgame maze.

Main room, wave counter, shop teleporter.

The shopkeeper Adam.

Let me know on Skype if you want to give it a try before PMC release in two weeks.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]