Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.
Has anyone ever played Cod4 on the PC? Or played classic Minecraft? If you have then you probably know that by pressing <tab> in multiplayer with both games produces a window showing the number of people playing.

I. Love. This.

And it extremely frustrates me that Notch implemented it for CMP but not SMP. I know this may be hard to create, because it uses an actual key instead of calling a command from chat. But I also know it is possible because Notch was able to do it with the Creative servers.

Here are the pros of this idea:

1. The user would not have to take the time to type /who or /playerlist anymore. They would simply have to press a button and a list would pop up. When they release tab, the list would disappear.

2. Right now when a user types /who or /playerlist, a list of players pops up in the chat box itself. This takes up a good portion of the chat, and if everyone is talking at once, the player list would be washed away before the user even has time to read it. By having the player list displayed in a completely different "box" lets the user read the list easily and as long as they want to, and they would also be able to hide the list when they don't need it anymore. Basically, it gives the user more control.

3. The player list window can provide organization, and it would be easier to read. It could be arranged in alphabetical order, so the user could find a person easier. And it would actually be a list, instead of a bunch of player names separated by commas.

I would love love love to see this idea implemented in the server. It would also make the server unique, in the sense that the player has more control and viewing a list of players is easier then on other servers. Instead of having huge cool plugins like "Portal to the Nether YAYA" or some kraud that lags, little tiny modifications are the ones that make a server the best server.

Please consider this as this is one of my favorite ideas.

Thanks,
Shar
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]