Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
83%
No
17%
Title says it all. I don't think its fair to inherit someone else's bad plot ratings. If someone had a plot, did nothing with it and got their deserved bad rating, and the next person to get ahold of it built something people liked, it would be hard to get the average rating to go back up, especially for spawn plots.

I suggest that ratings are reset when plots are disbanded or sold. I dont know if any cons exists for this, but if anyone has comments on this please post and vote. This should only require minimal coding.
By eah
Works, but anyone could circumvent a bad rating by selling and buying the plot back and changing nothing about the plot.

It might be better to gradually fade out older ratings. For all we know, it already does this.
eah wrote:Works, but anyone could circumvent a bad rating by selling and buying the plot back and changing nothing about the plot.
True, but you'd be wasting 1000rc each time you do that. I'd rather buy a chocolate bar with those credits.
By dlgn
Rick wrote:What exactly do bad ratings constitute?
They don't really mean anything. Spawn is rated 5.5, IIRC, which should say a lot. (Meanwhile, the Vortex Grinder and our Spawn realm are the two highest ranked realms on the MineRealm Plot Rank list—not odd, since they're well-made and popular realms, but it's strange how different they are from Spawn, which isn't even on there). I'm pretty sure it's just the average rating from every user who's done /plot rate, which means that it depends on who visits the realm and how they view it. It doesn't really matter, to be honest. I didn't even notice it until months after it was added, since it has no real function whatsoever. (The list under Rankings on the website is a lot more accurate, since it takes into account other factors, such as the number of visitors, etc.)

~dlgn
cubeguy314 wrote:...you'd be wasting 1000rc each time you do that.
Or you could get a friend and waste, what, .1 credits?
/plot sell friend 1
Sells plot, gets .9 credits.
/plot sell owner 1
Receives plot, loses 1 credit.
MATH:
0+.9=.9
ans-1=-.1

Don't even lose a whole credit. Just .1 credits each.
(P.S. Are those even real commands? I don't buy and sell plots much.)
dlgn wrote:Vortex Grinder and our Spawn realm are the two highest ranked realms on the MineRealm Plot Rank list—not odd, since they're well-made and popular realms
That's a matter of opinion and I'm betting the grinder plot rating has nothing to do with the actual build.
I'd love to know how those figures are calculated as neither of the top two plots are actually ranked highest. Possibly based on number of votes to actual rate, but there are plots with both higher visitor rates and rankings just not together.
dlgn wrote:(The list under Rankings on the website is a lot more accurate, since it takes into account other factors, such as the number of visitors, etc.)
Yeah, those figures don't work properly either. I have plots I know for a fact people have been on but have 0 visitors recorded

As you can see, someone has taken blocks from here but the info claims no visitors...
By dlgn
That's a matter of opinion and I'm betting the grinder plot rating has nothing to do with the actual build.
Why would you say that? Yes, it's a matter of opinion, but my point is that the grinder is popular and generally well-regarded (as evidenced by its 9.7 rating), as well as often used (well, it used to be, anyway). Ratings aren't simply conjured out of thin air. People rate it based on what they think of it, presumably, and I can't think of any reason why people would give it a higher rating than the build deserves. On the contrary, I'd expect a few to give it low ratings simply because they dislike Vortex.
Yeah, those figures don't work properly either. I have plots I know for a fact people have been on but have 0 visitors recorded
I suspect that it only counts visitors within the last month or so. For example, I know the Vortex Grinder used to be a super popular destination, but it's less so now that Aequitas controls the market and enchanting for profit really isn't worth it. And indeed, its visit count has gone down to 189.

~dlgn
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]