Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
97%
No
3%
I suggest armor stands be protected on private plots. This means:

- An armor stand in a private plot can not be broken (including via projectiles like arrows) by a player that does not have building privileges to the plot.
- An armor stand can not be placed in a private plot by a player that does not have building privileges to the plot.
- The inventory of an armor stand in a private plot can not me modified by a player that does not have building privileges to the plot.
- An armor stand in a private plot is immune to explosions (including those by creepers, ghasts, and TNT).

Be warned though: Armor stands can still be moved. They can be pushed by minecarts, pistons, and water, but not by players or mobs. Having players push them around either by minecarts or water from a neighboring plot is easily avoidable. As such, I see no reason to add this protection.

Pros: You can show off all your fancy armor without worrying about people taking it.
Cons: You can't have the thrill of stealing stuff from armor stands.
As for implementation:

org.bukkit.event.player.PlayerArmorStandManipulateEvent is handled when a player tries to modify an armor stand's inventory. If the armor stand's location is in a private plot which the player is not a member of, the event should be canceled.

As for placing armor stands, I suspect there can be plenty of entry points. I see one called org.bukkit.event.player.PlayerInteractEvent. If the player is holding an armor stand, and the player right clicked, and the spawn location is in a private plot, and the player is not a member of the plot, then cancel the event.

For breaking armor stands, the same implementation for animals on private plots could be used.

For explosions, org.bukkit.event.entity.EntityDamageEvent could be handled. If the entity damaged is an armor stand, and the armor stand is in a private plot, and the cause of the damage is a block or entity explosion, then cancel the event.
i understand your point but just out of curiosity, for the most part when armor is on a stand it is not used on a regular basis, so if you want to show it off without wearing it, why not just encase it in glass? the glass can't be broken by users without rights so your armor is safe. i understand its extra work but just a thought
Snoopy_0418 wrote:i understand your point but just out of curiosity, for the most part when armor is on a stand it is not used on a regular basis, so if you want to show it off without wearing it, why not just encase it in glass? the glass can't be broken by users without rights so your armor is safe. i understand its extra work but just a thought
It's a big waste of space. Turns a 1x1x2 space for displaying armour into what has to be at least a 3x3x3 space, not including the floor. That changes the total block volume from 2 into 27, a massive difference. It certainly cuts down on the point of armour stands which was to display armour in a fun way without wasting a ton of materials/space.

Edit: Even if you use a plus-shape design and cut out the corners of the large square, it will still take a minimum of 11 blocks of volume to fully encase the armour;
However, this can't be done with glass panes or other thin blocks as they can be hit through, so it looks really ugly. And it's still at least five times the original amount of space taken if we simply fixe armour stand plot protections.
Snoopy_0418 wrote:i understand your point but just out of curiosity, for the most part when armor is on a stand it is not used on a regular basis, so if you want to show it off without wearing it, why not just encase it in glass? the glass can't be broken by users without rights so your armor is safe. i understand its extra work but just a thought
It's not intuitive. Players expect that if their blocks and items are protected, then so are armor stands. It fits in with minerealm's land protection system.

It also doesn't fit where I want it...
Attachments
2015-04-23_15.51.04.png
2015-04-23_15.51.04.png (238.02 KiB) Viewed 6144 times
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]