Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
55%
No
45%
By diamond_boss
Rokkrwolf312 wrote:Whether that is true or not they were/are permabanned for particular reasons and wouldn't be allowed back even if this were considered.

As far as the ghost town -
Intelli wrote:Pretty standard for this time of year: https://www.google.ca/trends/explore#q=minecraft

Most other community servers are experiencing the same thing. 1.8 Bukkit & Microsoft drama hasn't helped.

But yea, numbers are always low this time of year. We also haven't been doing any advertising, so the current numbers aren't surprising.
Let's be honest, a lot of people are just bored with this server. I could understand a steady twenty or thirty or so, were these trends the only reason for minerealm's low activity... but we barely (I mean of every time i've logged in the past few months) see at least 20 people. Sometimes we don't even hit double digits. Anyways, It's Intelli's choice, but honestly, it's just a Minecraft server and the world isn't gonna go to hell if a bunch of people are unbanned. Let's just be real, it can't possibly hurt the server more than it already is damaged.
By Skylord_Fox
Minerealm has grown older and so have the regular players.

The luster is now so dim it's nearly unnoticeable.
I apologize to you all.
By dlgn
I have no doubt the the trend has something to do with it, but MineRealm has been declining for months.
By Piewarrior27
Pretty much all of this has already been said, but I want to give my two cents anyway. People get banned for a reason, and it's not like it's hard to follow the rules anyway. Like rokkr said, if they want to be unbanned, they can just appeal, and there are barely any permabanned players anyway. I predict that if, by some chance this did happen, only one or two people would come back and just leave soon after, as they have probably have nothing to come back to and there are barely any players on. Nothing's gonna happen if everyone gets unbanned, so why do it?
By Joseph3114
Piewarrior27 wrote: Nothing's gonna happen if everyone gets unbanned, so why do it?

A lot of people keep saying that, so by that logic, why not unban everyone then?
I know it's already been rejected at this point, so there goes the last ditch effort to try and bring people back.

The fact that people are even arguing for this, myself included, shows how bad this "pretty standard for this time of year is" as Intelli likes to call it.
By eah
Joseph3114 wrote:
Piewarrior27 wrote: Nothing's gonna happen if everyone gets unbanned, so why do it?

A lot of people keep saying that, so by that logic, why not unban everyone then?.
Because the staff put in a ton of effort to ban those folks.

Because there's no reason to change something that's broken to something that's still broken.

Because the long standing contract is that you are given a second chance after you apologize, admit your faults, and fix your behavior. You're not just magically unbanned. Unbanning everyone would not significantly up the player count, but one way or another, 10, 100, or even 1000 unbanned players would join sometime between now and the end of the server. And they were never properly unbanned.

There's no Get Out of Jail Free card (*scores Intelli like*).
By MysteryForumGuy
Joseph3114 wrote:

A lot of people keep saying that, so by that logic, why not unban everyone then?
I know it's already been rejected at this point, so there goes the last ditch effort to try and bring people back.

The fact that people are even arguing for this, myself included, shows how bad this "pretty standard for this time of year is" as Intelli likes to call it.
It's pretty neat to come back to check up here and see people using an icon I designed when I was 13. (Referring to Joseph)

Anyways, unban everyone. I'd sure play again if I wasn't banned.
By Joseph3114
MysteryForumGuy wrote: It's pretty neat to come back to check up here and see people using an icon I designed when I was 13. (Referring to Joseph)

Anyways, unban everyone. I'd sure play again if I wasn't banned.
Connorartman?
I probably haven't played much since you were 13 either. 2011 was a long time ago lol.

eah2119 wrote:Because the staff put in a ton of effort to ban those folks.
My cousin was banned for taking a couple wooden planks from a dilapidated, public noob hut. The same thing happened to two co-workers I convinced to try the server. None of them felt like making any attempt to appeal if they'd get banned over something so small.

A ton of effort =/= people who should be banned.
That's not to say some people didn't earn their bans, but come on.

When you ban everyone who breaks a block, why are you surprised the server is a ghost town? Honestly.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]