Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
76%
No
24%
Hi, simple suggestion if it is at all possible.

For some that might find a tube more aesthetically pleasing if they can center it on an odd vs even number, I'd like to (at greater expense) be able to set a 3 block base by 2 block height tube instead of the 2x2.

If it's not possible to have both formats running at the same time, I understand, this is just a quality of life change for those of us that need it.

Thanks in advance!
My reasoning is simple, and I have one question.

Reasoning first: If the server performance is running near capacity as suggested by the recent mob limit changes etc. then I feel that suggestions such as this, which from what I can understand is simply something that only has an aesthetic benefit, but may well impact on server performance by either running two scripts or increasing the size of the current script (I'm unsure which is relevant as I am not a programmer nor Intelli), are unnecessary. However saying that, if the decision by the community is that it would be nice to have a 3x2, then I also feel that it must be asked wether it would be better to ultimately have a 3x2 or 2x2, not both, for the same server performance reasons. Saying this, it wouldn't make economical, or environmental sense for this to happen if the outcome were to be 3x2, not that I think it would, because it would increase the cost of each tube that was 3x2 by 2 extra iron blocks for each tube section. Especially that the tube system is already more expensive to build and potentially maintain than the subway, It just doesn't seem to make sense. That and it would take up more airspace over everyone's realms, which seems a little unfair.
I hope I've made myself clear and understandable and that people can actually find my points there :)

The question: Why just assume that I am being a jerk on a poll, given the first response was a no? why not ask why first? after all, I am not actually, as far as I am aware, obliged to state a reason for my answer to a poll, as a poll is almost always a yes or no question, or a multiple choice question, not something that asks for a direct answer and a reason for said answer. :) Again, I hope you can understand what I'm actually asking and hope that I'm not coming across as being a jerk about it :)

Regards, KingS
It would affect server performance very little. I would say this change would be like adding a single mob to the server. Out of the thousands that are present for most of the day, that's not a big impact.

The real bulk from the tube transit plugin is all the chunks that need to be read from and written to disk in a short amount of time, but this change would not increase that.
KingSpartacus wrote:
The question: Why just assume that I am being a jerk on a poll, given the first response was a no? why not ask why first?
I did ask why first, learn to read :p
The reason behind the comment is people WILL vote no on polls here just to be jerks. Especially when intelli has pointed out the tubes make minimal to no difference on server performance.
See the post on mob caps for more info
I myself voted yes as I replaced my mini-hub I was working on at /home for minecarts to tubes. The single track design I had does not work well with 2x2 tubes and means I had/have to redesign my entire base.

Well it would if not for lack of 1.8 and the recently changed mob caps I'm finding it harder and harder to want to play on MineRealm/Minecraft any more...
mitchie151 wrote:Never understood why people vote no for suggestions that won't impact them in any negative way.
Maybe because we think its unnessecary and there are so much else that's much more important, and we think that Intelli has some kind of limited time and can't do everything right now.
11Hax wrote:
mitchie151 wrote:Never understood why people vote no for suggestions that won't impact them in any negative way.
Maybe because we think its unnessecary and there are so much else that's much more important, and we think that Intelli has some kind of limited time and can't do everything right now.
Didn't think I'd ever disagree with a guildmate but its far from unnecessary imo and unless he's programing his own version of bukkit I doubt intelli is doing much minecraft wise.
And let's me honest here, its a minor tweak to code not a major overhaul.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]