Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Split the tax?

Yes
33%
No
67%
By Rick
OrigamiElephant wrote:Better yet, why don't we just do away with all tax in general.
One word: Hyperinflation.
By Sandsnake
So instead of figuring on losing 10% of the money to tax, I just figure on losing 5%? This wouldn't actually change anything as it doesn't solve the problem you're suggesting exists. We'd still account for the lost credits in the pricing.

If anything, the suggestion should be to add an identifier to the payment command that allows the buyer to pay all or a portion of the tax. It won't fix the "problem" of people upping prices for tax, but it will make it easier to execute if you openly negotiate tax into the payment. e.g. adding "tax" at the end of the command would automatically take whatever you input plus 10%, transferring the full amount entered to the recipient.
By OrigamiElephant
Sandsnake wrote:So instead of figuring on losing 10% of the money to tax, I just figure on losing 5%? This wouldn't actually change anything as it doesn't solve the problem you're suggesting exists. We'd still account for the lost credits in the pricing.

If anything, the suggestion should be to add an identifier to the payment command that allows the buy to pay all or a portion of the tax. It won't fix the "problem" of people upping prices for tax, but it will make it easier to execute if you openly negotiate tax into the payment.
My thinking is both parties might view a transaction, and prices more fairly if both players pay a fee vs. just the one. Diamonds are a pretty good example. I charge 110 because I want 100 for each of my diamonds. It doesn't have anything to do with the tax really. Yet if I know not only myself, but the buyer is paying an equal fee for the transaction I would probably lose that tendency to want to up the price because I'm getting worked over by the server and its fees.

And I really don't see how hyperinflation is a problem. Unless the server is destroying the credits when it gets them through taxes or wherever, that mens someone somewhere has those credits in one form or another. It's not like everything on the server isn't for the most part easily acquirable. Take taxes out and the only thing I see happening is more realms might get purchased, but that's it.
By kerovon
OrigamiElephant wrote: Unless the server is destroying the credits when it gets them through taxes or wherever, that mens someone somewhere has those credits in one form or another.
The server is destroying the credits from the taxes. It helps balance out the credits gained by mining.
By Keyhen
kerovon wrote:You are right, we should try to reform the tax system to be more true to real life. However, we might want to go even further than it is now. To that end, I would propose a few additional changes.

First, having the taxes go nowhere makes no sense. We should have the taxes go back to the government (i.e. staff), so we can then use it to perform public works.

Second, the current method of distributing credits is entirely implausible. Why would you get credits for just mining? Who gives it to you? Why is it entirely through microtransactions? To fix these problems, instead of giving credits through this, we should have the government (staff) print credits, and then distribute them to the players through a variety of contracts/purchases. Possibly give all staff members 20k credits per day, that we then allow to trickle down to the players. This will also allow staff to make major purchases for the good of the server easier (such as buying Roo's spawn realm). This helps make the system more realistic as well, and realism is the most important tenant of minecraft. (Also, we should make all blocks be effected by gravity).

Finally, rather than have credits taxed at various transactions, we should make it the sellers responsibility to pay taxes on a semiregular basis. If they forget, or underpay when they are audited, they should be fined, and possibly jailed (banned). All players should also have to pay their share of taxes on a yearly basis. Don't have the credits to pay? We have a jail for that.

EDIT: Oh, and property taxes too. You don't get to just own massive tracts of land and not pay taxes on it. You should have to pay a monthly tax on your land. Don't have enough? I guess the government gets to take and sell your land to pay your debt.

More seriously, this just adds needless complications. Enough players have trouble calculating 10%. Can you imagine the nightmare of making them figure out their respective 5% shares?
And this is why we need the Country systems back.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]