Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
74%
No
26%
Before I begin I essentially think a killing animals that are specifically another players simply to make life harder for them is pretty much the same concept as griefing except isn't bannable. So my suggestion is to extend the protection for animals that are Obviously another players.

Since I foresee many concerns of this such as "what if it's not so obvious that its another players animal?" I will address it right here. To that these disputes never actually happened the player wanting to mark off animals as there own will have to... 1. surround the animal in fence that must have 4 sides no more no less. 2. Have at least one outward facing sign stating their name and claim.

Additionally, it will still be legal if a player does kill another players animal if and only if they allow at least 2 of each type of animal to survive.

I hope many of you will have the same view as myself. Cheese.
I would LOVE nothing more than for something like this to be passed. It is absolutely RIDICULOUS to have to keep animals trapped in glass just to keep them alive/safe or somewhere underground. I would love to see more animals on this server that are not hidden in dirt blocks like many are. I would love to see more people riding around on their horses or donkeys without the fear that some jerk will come up and kill them (horse/donkey) for no reason. Same goes for wolves. This would be great.

+1 from Skulleh
As a general rule, I understand that animals are public when out in the open, this is so that all players have access to them. However, I have had a donkey disappear while it was in my house, which was enclosed and on a private realm. However, because it wasn't an iron door, someone decided they would take it upon themselves and remove it either by stealing(unlikely given the size of the door) or kill it. The only reason I can see this being done is out of disrespect towards another player, since it was obviously placed there on purpose. I understand that it needs more extensive coding to actively keep animals from dying, but I do not understand why it is not on par with griefing or harassment, especially since it cannot be rolled back. It is a strictly malevolent action to kill an animal or animals that are obviously on owned property and within a structure. Even if there is no way to track it, I think if screenshots can be provided, or logs recorded, then it should be seen as akin to illegal pvp or griefing on some level. ...Please be gentle in your responses...
By AegisMN
Rokkrwolf312 wrote:What's so hard about enclosing them so no one can get in? All I got out of this is make it illegal unless 2 survive.
When someone raids a chest, they steal acquired goods. It's against the rules.

I fail to see how slaughtering someone's acquired animals is any different.
By gman192
Rokkrwolf312 wrote:What's so hard about enclosing them so no one can get in? All I got out of this is make it illegal unless 2 survive.
There is nothing hard about locking up your animals Rokkr. People are just to lazy to do so. Staff made a rules to protect animals that work just fine. If you choose not to take the necessary pro cations that's your own fault. What is so hard about building a wall?
If you're really too lazy to build a realm-member only door or something of the sort, just put them in a room and cover the door with dirt when you leave.
Sheesh.
Not that hard, really.
By Bu1ld0g
Its not about lazyness, most survival survers have animals protected in private areas.

Don't know about you guys, but I like to see animals out in the open in a farm type setting instead of caged up.
Bu1ld0g wrote:Its not about lazyness, most survival survers have animals protected in private areas.

Don't know about you guys, but I like to see animals out in the open in a farm type setting instead of caged up.
Then I suppose it's a trade-off between liking how they look and keeping them safe.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]