Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
90%
No
10%
I think a single change would effectively eliminate the problem

You can "claim" any number of plots with a certain command, say, "/plot claim". The plot remains public, so people can get whatever is on the plot (fixes OP's problem with the mesa biome). However, nobody can purchase that plot once it is claimed. The claim lasts for some allotted amount of time, say, 4 weeks. After those four weeks are up, you cannot claim that area of land again for a week.

Thoughts?
dragoncrystal24 wrote:I think a single change would effectively eliminate the problem

You can "claim" any number of plots with a certain command, say, "/plot claim". The plot remains public, so people can get whatever is on the plot (fixes OP's problem with the mesa biome). However, nobody can purchase that plot once it is claimed. The claim lasts for some allotted amount of time, say, 4 weeks. After those four weeks are up, you cannot claim that area of land again for a week.

Thoughts?
Seems too powerful. Like, anyone could go around claiming plots and basically guarantee they'll get it, without having to make an immediate investment. It would make land far more unevenly distributed, because without the number of credits currently owned limiting a player, she could find, say, a huge mesa biome or something, and claim the entire thing. It would make luck too lucky.
Put a time restriction on claimed signs.
Although you could only really enforce this by enquiring with staff.
I myself have just bought up the majority of an island and have left intent to purchase signs on the 3 or 4 remaining plots.

Running around just slapping down signs however shouldn't be allowed. And I'm fairly sure unless something has been built (no nub huts) its not allowed anyway.
dlgn wrote:
dragoncrystal24 wrote:I think a single change would effectively eliminate the problem

Thoughts?
Seems too powerful. Like, anyone could go around claiming plots and basically guarantee they'll get it, without having to make an immediate investment. It would make land far more unevenly distributed, because without the number of credits currently owned limiting a player, she could find, say, a huge mesa biome or something, and claim the entire thing. It would make luck too lucky.
That's where the time limit comes in. Once the time limit is up, they must have bought the plot, or else it is left open to the public, where other people can take it.
OtherKitty wrote:I think a time limit of four weeks is way too long. It does not take that long to earn 10,000 credits. You can get that amount in a day or two.. three tops. What is the point of buying plots if you can just 'claim them'.
This. Anyone could go around claiming realms, and use the four weeks that they have to obtain the necessary credits. This might not seem particular important, but take this example. xxPlayerxx_ is wandering around MineRealm and happens upon a huge mesa biome. "Wow!" he thinks. "I wish I could buy this whole thing, but I only have 14K." With the current system, he would be able to buy one realm's worth of the biome; he would be capable of buying part of it, but would not be able to buy the whole thing just because he happened to be the first to find it.

Now, what if we implemented DragonCrystal's suggestion? Well, xxPlayerxx_ might get to thinking, and realize that he could claim the entire mesa biome for free...and spend the next month getting the 50K he would need to buy it. Finding the mesa would go from a stroke of good luck that would be exciting, but not majorly game-changing, to something hugely advantageous that would deny others the chance to buy any part of the mesa. That's why I oppose your suggested change, Dragon.
Just make it so you can claim plots that you have placed more than 768 blocks on using a command like /plot claim. This makes it so after you have built more than 12 stacks of buildings on a plot you could claim it and prevent its purchase.

The idea of this would be so that new players or players who actually plan to live on a plot and have actually done some construction are allowed to claim a plot as their own.

This would prevent players from 'claiming' plots like we see in the mesa biome situation. Stripping it down like that is a joke. The true purpose of claiming should be to protect your hard work being stolen by someone else, not to claim some valuable or rare resource as your own.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]