Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.
By BreenWhitman
Hello minerealm :)

Some suggestions for donation handling. Apologies if some or all of this has already been considered:
- Setup both one off and ongoing paypal options.
- I am a donator to another minecraft server. I think donations are time consuming for admins. Be prepared.
- I got a donation returned with message after 20 days that "Recipient had not acknwoledged this payment"(on the other server). I dont know but again some one in charge of the money needs to be vigilant.
- I dont know but I suspect the "Donator" tag is quite manual to manage. On the other server it seems to drop away frequently. "Basic" admins couldnt check if there was in fact a donation. Donators, while patient, would see their tag dissappear for days or weeks. I personally like Donator tag, as it is protection against rogue agmins too quick on the ban button.
- Manage one off donations against regular donators. I see you need $130/month. You *will* get the situation where a donator 3 months ago of $5 expects platinum service forever. Implement a system to handle one off donators against regulars.

For some time I think there will be a demand for reliable(as possible) gameplay in minerealm. And that means donations. Good Luck guys.
By JoBoDo
BreenWhitman wrote: - Manage one off donations against regular donators. I see you need $130/month. You *will* get the situation where a donator 3 months ago of $5 expects platinum service forever. Implement a system to handle one off donators against regulars.
I think that this would be applicable if there were more perks of having donator status, but as its only the ingame tag, I imagine if someone donates once, they should be recognized for that donation for the life of minerealm.
By BreenWhitman
JoBoDo wrote:I think that this would be applicable if there were more perks of having donator status, but as its only the ingame tag, I imagine if someone donates once, they should be recognized for that donation for the life of minerealm.
Agreed.

Thus, if there are no perks then the tag should stay.

If there are perks the perk entitlement lasts for month following donation. The most common perk for donators on other servers is a nominated protected plot(others cant destroy or build).
By JoBoDo
I dont like that idea of 1 month....

I just donated $50 to the server, and I didnt do it so that i would get the status, i donated before i even knew about the status,
but under the same boat, i will be annoyed if someone donates $15 and gets it for the same period as me, that's why I dont think there should be a limit on it, maybe if you pay > x amount its permanent, but < x is a time frame
By JoBoDo
Also Lios, this was moved to suggestions/donations, but it still exists on the General Forum, was this on purpose?
By BreenWhitman
JoBoDo wrote:I dont like that idea of 1 month....

I just donated $50 to the server, and I didnt do it so that i would get the status, i donated before i even knew about the status,
but under the same boat, i will be annoyed if someone donates $15 and gets it for the same period as me, that's why I dont think there should be a limit on it, maybe if you pay > x amount its permanent, but < x is a time frame
I should probably clarify the intention of my original post. Apologies if it comes across differently back then.

My original statement was "I dont know but I suspect the "Donator" tag is quite manual to manage. On the other server it seems to drop away frequently. "Basic" admins couldnt check if there was in fact a donation. Donators, while patient, would see their tag dissappear for days or weeks. I personally like Donator tag, as it is protection against rogue agmins too quick on the ban button."

What I am trying to say, or warn of, is that other server admins have been drowned by the whole Donator Tag thing. It carries a lot of overhead.

Not the least is trying to manage expectations of those that have paid. While your donation is indeed noble and done for all the right reasons, once you get in game you will find yourself having expectations. You will see a non donator treated with priority may you feel short changed.

Bun fights break out.

I have seen this a few times on other servers, with good admin trying to do their best.

A case study was an update killed the tags and protected areas, on login an Admin was faced with 35 donators saying their tag had gone along with their home.

5 minutes to rewrite a protected area, check the payment status and reset the tag. 5mins x 35 = 175 mins = 3 hours approx.

The ones that donated the least complained the loudest :)
By JoBoDo
I understand what you're saying, and others may well do that, but I was saying in this case, for me, i'm not like that :p.

I imagine you could assign a donator the same as you assign a mod, just give no extra permissions and change the colour

only difference between the two is that mods get the commands
By Yuushi
Personally, maybe giving donators a simple command such as teleport would be good for the donator status. Not exactly that command since in survival it could easily be abused, but something simple that at least shows more of a "Hey! Thanks for helping us out!" since just a colored name to some can feel like they were under-appreciated. Then consider there are those who would donate for the sole purpose of a little extra. ;)

Also, I agree that a donation of under X amount lasts for X amount of time, and anything over X amount is permanent. Gives more incentive to contribute more, but then you might get an issue with people just donating that one time for permanent donator status and never feeling the need to help out again in the future since, hey, already have what you could get from it right?

I'm sure the admins are considering what more to do with it, and the ups and downs and extra work that comes along with managing donations. But at this point keeping the server up so everyone can have a good time is worth it I would say. :)
By staresblankly
For donors, even a simple new command, like being able to set two homes (/sethome, /sethome1, /home, /home1) would be a great benefit to donors without breaking the game.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]