Post any ban appeals or ban requests within this forum.
By Aelcalan
Optifine is allowed, yes.
By carcinoGeneticist
Aelcalan wrote:Optifine is allowed, yes.
Didn't Intelli say it wasn't because it turned off bedrock fog/weather and gave an "advantage" to players? Ill try to pull up a quote in a second.

EDIT: Found it.

http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopi ... =10&t=5971
Intelli wrote:
mitchie151 wrote: wrote:
Personally, I LOVE snow, and I couldn't care less about rain. I actually kinda like it. If you REALLY don't want rain, don't bother other people by it, go download optifine. It has an option to turn it off.

Disabling weather is considered an unfair advantage, and can result in a ban. (Yes, we can tell)
By Susan_Boyle
carcinoGeneticist wrote:
Aelcalan wrote:Optifine is allowed, yes.
Didn't Intelli say it wasn't because it turned off bedrock fog/weather and gave an "advantage" to players? Ill try to pull up a quote in a second.

EDIT: Found it.

http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopi ... =10&t=5971
Intelli wrote:
mitchie151 wrote: wrote:
Personally, I LOVE snow, and I couldn't care less about rain. I actually kinda like it. If you REALLY don't want rain, don't bother other people by it, go download optifine. It has an option to turn it off.

Disabling weather is considered an unfair advantage, and can result in a ban. (Yes, we can tell)
I don't think the Optifine weather toggle works when playing online, I have tried it a few times on other servers, and it never seems to have an effect, whereas on SSP it works perfectly, not sure?
By Morganpartee
Anarchaos wrote:I get a lot of the following situation in game, and I am wondering what the official rules about it would be:

Someone Else: I think Chocolate ice cream is the best.

Me: I prefer Vanilla, myself.

Someone Else: Shut up no one is talking to you, God you're such a moron.

Me: I can talk about my love for Vanilla Ice Cream all I like.

Someone Else: Haha oh wow, you're so stupid. Chocolate ice cream is way better and if you argue with me I am getting you banned.

Me: What's wrong with Vanilla?

Someone Else: OMG this must be the dumbest person on the planet... you are obviously trolling, Chocolate is Intelli's favorite ice cream and if you disagree you are banned for trolling, banned for liking Vanilla and banned for arguing and banned because I don't like you.

Me: That seems unreasonable.

Someone Else: Read the rules, moron. It clearly states that you have to RESPECT ALL PLAYERS, and you are being disrespectful by disagreeing with me about chocolate ice cream, you stupid idiot. Quit trolling.

Me: Nope, Vanilla is Ice Cream is awesome!

etc etc

TL;DR People constantly threaten to get me banned for "trolling", which in this case, I would understand "troll" to be another word for "someone I don't like personally". I don't see anything about "trolling" in the official rules.

Is "trolling" against the rules? If it is, what *precisely* does trolling mean? As I said, people use the term very often and loosely, and the term should be exactly defined if it is a bannable offense.
So glad you posted this. I've been wondering about this myself. My friend was recently banned because he was criticizing a mod's behavior in-game (Actually he was discussing freedom of speech, and the mod took the player's side in the situation and banned him apparently? He hasn't appealed it yet). Sounds like some of the people on here are too sensitive to take some beef, imo.

Minerealm is NOT a Dictatorship, people.
By Morganpartee
I understand that each player should respect each other, but the debate of freedom of speech needs to be clarified, please.
By Susan_Boyle
Morganpartee wrote: Minerealm is NOT a Dictatorship, people.
The server is owned by one person, Intelli. He alone has the power to make changes to the server, ban people, disband realms, make people Mods/Admins, and even shut the server down, if he wished to.

A dictatorship does not mean that the players are treated badly in any way, and on Minerealm I find that everyone is respected by staff, and are consulted over many changes that happen to the server, but overall, Intelli, and Intelli alone has the final call over what happens.

Sounds like a dictatorship to me.
By Shampoo_Lord
Morganpartee wrote:I understand that each player should respect each other, but the debate of freedom of speech needs to be clarified, please.
I don't understand why you think that you've the right to free speech on Intelli's server.
By falareborn
So about OptiFine, still doesnt tells clearly how far OptiFine is allowed to be used. Can al options of OptiFine be used or not? Want to know excactly becouse im thinkin of using it and i dont want to get banned becouse it's not really clear in the rules.
By ewana1991
Shampoo_Lord wrote:
Morganpartee wrote:I understand that each player should respect each other, but the debate of freedom of speech needs to be clarified, please.
I don't understand why you think that you've the right to free speech on Intelli's server.
Oh we have freedom of speech, we'll just be banned for certain things, like swearing, giving out personal information that's not ours, and advertising servers. we can talk about how bad we think certain staff/players/plugins/structures etc are to our hearts content, as long as we're respectful while doing it :)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]