Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
44%
No
56%
By eah
I suggest we make pvp entirely voluntary. As pvp is now, this means making pvp toggle-able in the nether and end and removing the mist.

This is a step in the direction of making the server much more friendly. PVP can be fun, but it's mostly a nuisance. It causes arguments, anger, and, worst of all, players leaving. People don't want to play and build on a server where part of the community wants to cause other players stress and anger.

Intelli stated that the mist was implemented to emulate a new hostile mob: The Player. It adds a survival aspect. Since then, hostile mob spawns have risen. Therefore, I argue we don't need the mist anymore.

There's an ambiguity in the use of lava, snowballs, etc. in the nether and end as indirect pvp. In these cases, I suggest these constitute illegal pvp as it is in the overworld.
Last edited by eah on Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Zellbudz
A lot of people hate mist, A lot of people like mist. If you don't want to die and rage turn yourself off the map. Mist gave the server more fun. (to me) Mist is like a 10% chance that mist will turn on. On True vanilla PVP is turned on by default. I can see where you are going with this but if you don't want to die turn yourself off the map and block yourself in (when AFK). If your at your house block it up when mist is on or have the map up so if someone is coming you can know before hand. When people track people on the map they have them selves on the map to. So if it looks they are coming for you turn your self off the map, block your self in, and hold shift. Thanks for Reading, Zellbud
By monkeychunks
I recently played a pure vanilla, just made survival server and I found it to be way more entertaining than minerealm due to the fact that you started with nothing and pvp was always enabled. What made it fun was the challenge. There is almost no challenge on minerealm anymore other than building... I would actually suggest allowing more plot options including the ability to enable pvp.
By SkullRose
I play on a different server that's legitimately vanilla (unlike minerealm) and has pvp enabled at all times like a vanilla server would have, but guess what? No one on there has the issues that people on here constantly have over pvp. Not in the overwold, not in the nether nor the end, but I have to assume that it's because it's an 18+ server and most of our pvp-ers on here are a bunch of kids thinking they're boss.
By Bu1ld0g
monkeychunks wrote:There is almost no challenge on minerealm anymore other than building...
Trying to get to level 30 in under half an hour at a grinder is the new MineRealm challenge.
By kerovon
Isn't most of the PVP related drama between players who actively seek out PVP, and then get upset when something doesn't go the way they expect it to? How would this suggestion do anything about this?
By SkullRose
kerovon wrote:Isn't most of the PVP related drama between players who actively seek out PVP, and then get upset when something doesn't go the way they expect it to? How would this suggestion do anything about this?

Well eah is suggesting removing forced pvp. So to me that would mean so people don't have to deal with players that camp at nether spawn or hunt you down at your own home during mist and what not. It also really sucks for new players that log in for the first time and get caught during mist.

There will always be pvp issues and it's not even pvp to blame, but the people.
By dlgn
I don't think removing PVP would fix the current problem MineRealm is having, which is the decreasing number of players. Honestly, it doesn't really seem to matter at this point. There are so few people on that it's almost always incredibly easy to go through the Nether, and you can generally sit at spawn or trade during the Mist without much fear.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]