Advertise your guilds, towns and any other groups you may have!
By GaidinBDJ
macrofeet wrote:Here is basic map if anyone who wants to add rail stations etc
There's now a line running south from the Abyssus East line. (You can see my tower in the map, it runs right underneath.) There's no surface access until Vortex at the moment, gotta do some remodeling in my realms to put surface access back in. It's just a single rail, there's nothing out that way except me and Vortex, so I didn't figure much use. There were also some mob spawns along the Abyssus East line, so I replaced all the torches to eliminate the dark spots. I also replaced all the spots that had gravel underneath. I don't have the supplies for rails yet, but when I do I'll take care of that line.

Anybody digging to meet that line, it's at -25, I overshot it digging at -29
By GaidinBDJ
Ok, the Abyssus East line is completed in both directions. Be careful though, someone went around after I was done and screwed up quite a bit of the powered rail spacing, so if you aren't riding the whole way and get off your minecart you may lose it because the powered rails are really close together in some spots. I'll go back and fix it tomorrow.

Also, anybody on that line who has villagers, I'd appreciate it if I could snag one. Had a zombie slip into my villager pen and kill all but one, so I can't farm up new iron.
By KingSpartacus
Hi folks, not sure if any of you will remember me, but I am seeing some familiar names, Kerevon, Macrofeet, Alexrybicki etc. Assuming my Ban Appeal is approved, i'll come any help you all with digging the subway, got a bit of experience there! I should also have a ton of credits to my name assuming they're still in use :) Don't know if it's any use to you, but when I was digging the subway, the tunnels were all three by three, powered rails every 20 blocks, and torches every 5th block, either side of the tunnel. For a basic tunnel you can just put a single torch between two powered rails, or one under each if you want them hidden.as for an ice strip for sprinting, that sounds like an idea, for expedient travel, however perhaps a overland pavement/sidewalk covered in ice would be more appropriate?

For keeping violent mobs out, I'd suggest having automated iron doors on your stations, and trap doors on all access shafts, unless they have a little building capping them :)

Hubs for junctions sounds like a good idea, perhaps multi-level, with each station being someone's personal project! Again, when i built a station under the spawn point many eons ago, i included some booths for people to rent for shops, with the rent going towards further expansion and maintenance of the subway system. perhaps that would be useful to you as well?

KingS
By Soul K
When I did my lines I spaced the pet l powered rails around 25-30 apart and it worked fine. I also like to place the Redstone torch under so create a cleaner look.

Multi level platforms is something else I try to avoid because I like not getting out of the minecart. I forget the name of the station that was like that from Abysuss to Spawn. It was ok but made moving villagers a major pain.

I posted a pic on how a basic switch can work even on public land since you can't place Redstone there.
By GaidinBDJ
KingSpartacus wrote:Don't know if it's any use to you, but when I was digging the subway, the tunnels were all three by three, powered rails every 20 blocks, and torches every 5th block, either side of the tunnel.
That's a little excessive. You can just watch the light level now and place a regular torch where its needed. As far as spacing, you can also exit minecarts manually now and they'll stop quicker. The problem with too close spacing on booster rails (aside from the waste) is that you can't exit your minecart and have it stop before it hits the next rail. An empty minecart will travel 15 meters from full speed to stop. That means, at 20 spacing, you have less than a one second window to disembark and be able to recover your cart before it hits the next rail. At 37 spacing (the optimum), you have almost three seconds to exit so the cart will stop.

Being able to exit without losing your cart means people will be less prone to putting in unnecessary stops just so they can keep their minecart and instead will just exit normally. It makes travelling long distance by rail much better if you don't have to continually stop.
By KingSpartacus
perhaps i've forgotten a few things, mind you, i left not long after the official release came out, so things might have changed as well :) if struggling to get out the cart and have it stop it time, just break the cart while you're in it, stops it and you dead :)
By GaidinBDJ
You can't break carts while riding in them. They're just like horses, you interact with the environment instead of what you're riding on.
By Meowrocket
GaidinBDJ wrote:You can't break carts while riding in them. They're just like horses, you interact with the environment instead of what you're riding on.
Unfortunately. I wish there were a way to still break it while riding, it made stopping much easier.
By KingSpartacus
KingSpartacus wrote:mind you, i left not long after the official release came out, so things might have changed

:) didn't know you couldn't break carts anymore :) (haven't played mine craft since i left minerealm)
By macrofeet
Finished off Abyssus to spawn both sides "SHOULD WORK" to spawn both ways

will add more powered rail next to speed it up

""" BIG Credit to who ever placed track from Abyssus to south line

working on junction/track where Abyssus joins south line to allow further west, further south subway
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]