Advertise your guilds, towns and any other groups you may have!
By Lineant
Hello, some of you may know, but I gave Roobean a Spawn Realm (x75, z25) over a month ago, which I paid 300k for from Shampoo_lord. http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7025

I'm making this thread because well.. he isn't doing anything with it, every time I ask him about it, he says the same thing, "I'm planing something in creative single player" It doesn't take over a month to plan something, on creative single player.

So i'm making a poll.

A: Roobean is forced to Auction.

B: Roobean have 1 week to build something(Like NTC did), if nothing then is forced to Auction.

C: Roobean gives the realm back to me, and I will give it to someone that will use it.

D: It is his realm, he can do what he wants with it.

E: Post your own opinion.

By stickgod91
E: This is HIS realm but being so close to spawn and a GIFT shouldn't be wasted like it is being at the moment. That said some agreement should come into place such as, you, Lin, pay him a fee for the realm back. You share the realm. Or just negotiate with each other. I'm sure a bunch of other people have great ideas for the realm that could be put to use. With all that said you don't get Saints Row: The Third for your birthday and don't play it.
By mkman2008
A. I have to see a spawn realm go to waste. No offence roo, but putting it up for auction is best. Then, you split the profits with Lineant. The auction will go for a lot of money, so whoever wins obviously wants it. Just my opinion.
By Ryu Aurora
Lineant wrote:Hello, some of you may know, but I gave Roobean a Spawn Realm (x75, z25) over a month ago, which I paid 300k for from Shampoo_lord. http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7025

I'm making this thread because well.. he isn't doing anything with it, every time I ask him about it, he says the same thing, "I'm planing something in creative single player" It doesn't take over a month to plan something, on creative single player.

So i'm making a poll.

A: Roobean is forced to Auction.

B: Roobean have 1 week to build something(Like NTC did), if nothing then is forced to Auction.

C: Roobean gives the realm back to me, and I will give it to someone that will use it.

D: It is his realm, he can do what he wants with it.

E: Post your own opinion.

-ohlooktheimageisgone-

I see no poll option, so allow me to pick this apart.

A- Forced auction over an unused realm? How many people have that same situation? Are we going to do that to everyone with an unused realm? Should staff auction off Aurora Lake because I do nothing with it? This is an insane suggestion.

B- A week to build something on a Spawn Realm... yes. Lets rush the development of a realm that is one of the first things a new player will see. If Roo wants to spend until the end of time planning a build, thats his business, and no one elses.

C-You gave it away. It is no longer your concern. Maybe you should have thought quitting the server through a little better.

D-Exactly.

E-I will, and am.

This sounds like crying over a poor decision. I have no doubt you will discount my opinion, because it blatanly disagrees with you by pointing out why this thread is pointless.
Last edited by Ryu Aurora on Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By atlarjy
I really don't see what difference it makes. As long as the realm doesn't look bad I don't see that it's anyone's business. If the realm itself looks like it's been trashed then maybe he should be forced to address that but it his lawn is bare but tidy I say he should be allowed to do what he wants with it.

Honestly if it was possible I'd prefer to move most of the larger structures away from spawn a bit. One of the problems new players have when they first join is escaping the mess of massive structures at spawn.

It's awesome that we have so many intricate structures at spawn but I think it might actually be better to have some more modest structures in the immediate area and have the grander iconic builds in the visible distance in all directions but not overwhelming the newcomer.
By Susan_Boyle
Lineant wrote:D: It is his realm, he can do what he wants with it.
In my opinion, as soon as you gave it to him you lost all sway over what happens to the realm.
By Agentred
Forced auction over an unused realm? How many people have that same situation? Are we going to do that to everyone with an unused realm? Should staff auction off Aurora Lake because I do nothing with it? This is an insane suggestion.
The argument here is that spawn realms are limited, and people are tired of seeing flat realms again and again. There are tons of people dying to get their hands on such a realm, with plans of amazing builds. Of course it's frustrating for them when they see realms like Roobeans, which remain flat for weeks and weeks.

Of course the counter argument is that Roobean owns it therefore he can do whatever he wants. Another valid argument.

Don't go all against Lineant here guys - He's only suggesting something be done with the realm he gave away.
By Ryu Aurora
Agentred wrote:
lineant wrote:Hello, some of you may know, but I gave Roobean a Spawn Realm (x75, z25) over a month ago, which I paid 300k for from Shampoo_lord. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7025
The argument here is that spawn realms are limited, and people are tired of seeing flat realms again and again. There are tons of people dying to get their hands on such a realm, with plans of amazing builds. Of course it's frustrating for them when they see realms like Roobeans, which remain flat for weeks and weeks.

Of course the counter argument is that Roobean owns it therefore he can do whatever he wants. Another valid argument.

Don't go all against Lineant here guys - He's only suggesting something be done with the realm he gave away.
If this was about the realms appearance, I might not be so blunt. Thing is, Line mentions what he payed for it immediately. This is just someone who realizes that they screwed themselves, and are hoping general opinion will let them reverse that. If I gave away a realm and left for awhile, regardless, I would PM said person about it upon my return. If they said they had plans, I would respect that and defend their actions from that point onward.

You attempt at neutrality is noticed, but uneeded. This thread is akin to the garbage that occurs when someone dies and loses something in pvp and wants it back. Once its gone, nobody is obligated to give it back unless it was agreed upon before hand.
By ewana1991
Option D: She should be allowed to do whatever she wants with it, as long as it conforms to Intellis spawn realm rules. Leaver her be! I bet you guys wouldn't make a comment if it came to Lm108's realm, or the ones north of spawn which remains flat for over a month? after all they are both the same distance from spawn as Roobean's realm

KingSpartacus
By TechnoProdigy
This thread is idiotic. You gave Roobean a realm as a gift, you have no control over what Roobean does with it.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]