Advertise your guilds, towns and any other groups you may have!
Hello, it's been awhile.

Logged on just now to discover an addition to the server called Tubes.

After seeing the capability of Tube's I am greatly motivated to convert my entire subway system into a tube system. Here's the break down:

Pros:
-SUPER FAST
-Community involvement
-Huge tracks of tunnels for the subway already dug, would not require copious amounts of digging
-Doesn't require a traveler to have any supplies like a minecart

Cons:
-Need about 2700 iron blocks just to cover 1000 block distance
-Very expensive
-I don't have building privileges in like 80% of the realms the subway is in anymore which will make this process excruciatingly hard
-I don't have a huge desire to be on Minecraft/Minerealm anymore but I have 200k, a useless New Aquaria Realm I could sell, and a lot of resources that could be of use.

This would have to be a project taken on by more dedicated members of the community - I'd help of course, but not very much. My main part in this would be to provide resources. The biggest hurdle is going to be getting realm building privileges.

Thoughts?
Hey Lm108, been a while!

Don't know if you're aware, but due to multiple public realm wipes since we last worked on the subway, a lot of tunnels got wiped and from what I can gather, not many of the exist anymore, however people have been rebuilding them, so it could be interesting!

Aside from that, sounds like a good idea, just very expensive compared to the old system which was like... 1250 blocks of iron for 1k travel plus a bit of gold, as you said!

KingS
Construction of a secondary tube network is already underway and (predictably) permissions are the major issue. The tubes are very inflexible in that they must be arrow straight with no vertical/sideways deviation for smooth operation. The north line has already hit a major issue at ColdF3ar's 'Imperial Summer House' plot where a gold farm lies smack bang in the middle of the chosen alignment, and the west line requires perms to Torn's plot ... and he hasn't been active for months.

The subway network isn't obsolete yet ... it just needs more work to revive it post-Wipe. If nothing else it will remain far more useful than tubes for mob transport, which is near impossible via tube.
TeeJayDub wrote:The north line has already hit a major issue at ColdF3ar's 'Imperial Summer House' plot where a gold farm lies smack bang in the middle of the chosen alignment.
The gold farm isn't an issue, assuming we can get permission from ColdF3ar to build on the plot.
Intelli wrote:
TeeJayDub wrote:The north line has already hit a major issue at ColdF3ar's 'Imperial Summer House' plot where a gold farm lies smack bang in the middle of the chosen alignment.
The gold farm isn't an issue, assuming we can get permission from ColdF3ar to build on the plot.
Actually it is, as the portals are in direct line of the already laid tubes.
Iirc the water elevator/dropper is in direct line of the tubes too.
So you would also need permission to redesign the entire farm, if not remove it completely.
Bu1ld0g wrote:
Intelli wrote:
So you would also need permission to redesign the entire farm, if not remove it completely.
This is incorrect, the are no portals in the way, and the elevator is a non-issue.
Intelli wrote:
Bu1ld0g wrote:
Intelli wrote:
This is incorrect, the are no portals in the way, and the elevator is a non-issue.
Construction of the tube through his realm is already underway. I also already have a list of the realms we need permissions to for the entire North Line, which I will post later today in this thread.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]