Discuss anything regarding MineRealm Classic here.
So, I got the first version of ShaddowCraft working. But all versions afterward have given me the same problem. See attached screenshot.

I also get the same thing when trying to play with sonic's shaders installed. Though, I can run optifine fine, and I manually install optifine onto the jar. I have tried everything that has come to mind. Having optifine installed requires that I unzip minecraft.jar into a folder and rename the folder "minecraft.jar" in order for it to work. I have tried the same for ShaddowCraft, I have zipped it back into a jar, and I have even tried compressing all of the contained classes instead of the folder itself.

I get no error log, I get no shaddowcraftlog.txt. I'm running Mac OS 10.7.5. It's not the latest, but it's close and I don't see why that should matter. The only guess I can make is that my computer is unzipping or compressing incorrectly.

Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong or at least tell me I'm not alone.
Attachments
Done loading.png
Done loading.png (45.19 KiB) Viewed 4288 times
eah2119 wrote:So, I got the first version of ShaddowCraft working. But all versions afterward have given me the same problem. See attached screenshot.

I also get the same thing when trying to play with sonic's shaders installed. Though, I can run optifine fine, and I manually install optifine onto the jar. I have tried everything that has come to mind. Having optifine installed requires that I unzip minecraft.jar into a folder and rename the folder "minecraft.jar" in order for it to work. I have tried the same for ShaddowCraft, I have zipped it back into a jar, and I have even tried compressing all of the contained classes instead of the folder itself.

I get no error log, I get no shaddowcraftlog.txt. I'm running Mac OS 10.7.5. It's not the latest, but it's close and I don't see why that should matter. The only guess I can make is that my computer is unzipping or compressing incorrectly.

Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong or at least tell me I'm not alone.
My guess? META-INF
If you open your minecraft.jar with an archiver, there should be a folder called that. Delete it, and try again. It reappears everytime you update/force update.
Did you install then in any particular order. Shaddow states you must install optifine first, could the same apply to the shader you are using?
Eetrab wrote:Did you install then in any particular order. Shaddow states you must install optifine first, could the same apply to the shader you are using?
The shader is something different. I can't get the shader working in the same way I can't get ShaddowCraft working. They each give the same locked loading screen. I delete meta-inf, I don't, I install optifine first, I install it last, or I don't install it at all. I have tried every combination.

By looking around the internet, I've found that a lot of people have this same problem with many different mods, but no solutions. I'm beginning to think it's an internal problem, maybe some system or java bug. It's not OS specific either, I believe. Some windows users have a hard time with some mods too.

Shaddow sent me a jar with ShaddowCraft and Optifine installed, so I should be good for now. I might need a jar for whenever something updates.

Btw, I LOVE the chat logs.
New version posted. Download method slightly changed. The zip file has been placed in-line under a "Downloads" section on the main post. There is now an option to download a .jar with OptiFine and ShaddowCraft... it should work for everyone. I never tried MediaFire before, so we will see how that works.

I would not usually bundle my mod with another one (as most developers tend to heavily frown upon it), but since it is just for our community, I think it should be okay :)

Version 1.4.2
-Updated for MC 1.4.7.
-Improved chat hilighting feature (From my experience at least)
-Stalk feature now colors login/logout messages of users you are stalking.
-Slight restructure to files... make sure to start with a clean jar file.

Jar link: http://www.mediafire.com/?hk625cbt211jb4y
Just wanted to let you know that I experienced a glitch with /stalk. It said cockroach14 was online when he wasn't.

(Yeah, I stalk a bug. Problem, nubs?)

Just wanted to inform you, Shaddow.

Happy 22nd of January!
~dlgn
dlgn wrote:Just wanted to let you know that I experienced a glitch with /stalk. It said cockroach14 was online when he wasn't.

(Yeah, I stalk a bug. Problem, nubs?)

Just wanted to inform you, Shaddow.

Happy 22nd of January!
~dlgn
A bug with stalking a bug. Pun intended? XD
Oh god

IT WAS AN ACCIDENT, I SWEAR
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]