Discuss anything regarding MineRealm Classic here.
By jeniansmom
Not a formal suggestion, just trying to figure out if there is a way to come to a reasonable compromise.
It used to stink to have to keep our animals locked up tight in order to not have them be killed. But now animal protection on private plots is causing issues of too many entities on the server, contributing to the recent change in the mob cap.

Would it be at all helpful to have a flag that could be set on a plot by plot basis that made the animals in that plot protected, for a fee? Maybe the first owned plot would get a free flag (because it would stink if new players had to save up for a plot and then save up to protect their animals), and all after that cost something?

Thoughts?
By Grelman
I think that perhaps the root to some of these problems is how many animals spawn on grass. Especially around spawn, because animals spawn and never get killed. Either cause owners don't know about them, or aren't active enough to wander around their plots killing off their spawned animals every once in a while.

That's why I think, if possible, something should be done about the way animals spawn on grass. Maybe decrease the frequency? or have the server make a distinction between those animals that have just been spawned and those that have been bred. To perhaps despawn ones that have spawned on grass after there are x amount or after x amount of time. I have no idea whats possible. I'm just throwing out ideas.

Lastly, I'd just like to throw it out here, because I dont know where else I'd put it but could we possibly have a rule like the passive mobs in which a plot can have more animals/villagers on it as long as adjacent plots have less than 20. and extend it to monsters as well? (as long as adjacent plots have less than 10 or whatever it is.)

(On another note I just think that the animal protection was a nice concept, but in reality if some person comes along and wants to kill animals you have in the open they can just use flint, lava, or potions.)
By Rixih
pcgamer176 wrote:(On another note I just think that the animal protection was a nice concept, but in reality if some person comes along and wants to kill animals you have in the open they can just use flint, lava, or potions.)
Just commenting to clarify that you can't do any of these three on private realms that you don't have permission to. You used to be able to with potions but that was fixed. :)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]