Discuss anything regarding MineRealm Classic here.
By monkeychunks
So most of you know that in 1.8 all iron farms will be broken however I have a feeling Tango Tek has come out with a new design. If you do not know who Tango Tek is he is everything to do with iron farms and made the iron trench, and iron foundry. He has recently released a video hinting that he has come up with either a much better iron farm or a iron farm fix for 1.8.
[youtube]XoOABDKqjsk[/youtube]
Also on the subject of 1.8, there have been many changes so far for those keeping of with it however the recent changes have been my favorite.
[youtube]t5NkMdsXezk[/youtube]
Currently Known 1.8 Changes
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/1.8
By Grelman
It's a bit of a let down to see that they are dragging out the release of 1.8 so ridiculously long but I suppose it is for good reason. They are trying to develop the Modding API, while jeb works on random survival stuffs. It bothers me though as an SMP player to see him adding all these terrain changes even after them stating in 1.7 that they would pack in pretty much all terrain changes that would be made to the game in that single update. Now we'll have another outdated map because of this. I suppose Intelli can inject the new stone variants, (have no idea if that can work with the prismarine or whatever jeb decided to call his new sea rock) but I wish theyd add building blocks that can be easily crafted by SMP players who cant otherwise obtain them. I know theres a recipe for the new stone variants but it involves using nether quartz of all things. No one on MR is going to waste too much quartz on that.

As for the iron farm drama I think its interesting how the mojang devs are essentially at odds with people like tango because they exploit the game. I just wonder when they are going to decide to leave well enough alone when it comes to villagers/ iron farming. I'm sure we all remember that development of 1.8 started out with mojang wanting to completely do away with automatic farming. So I think we're lucky we have working gold/iron farms at all. They even wanted to do away with xp grinding. Which now, with the buff of enchanting being very cheap will also make it so that its very easy to craft the most OP gear in the game with little xp cost. We shall see where mojang goes from this point with enchanting as we are still months away from any release of 1.8. But I just hope they have abandoned their plans for nerfing and have come up with better ideas for enhancing survival.

Its also a bit disheartening when you think about how the coolest addition to survival 1.8 so far has been the added mechanic of slime block stickiness and pistons courtesy of the Zipkrowd guys. I know the mojang guys are busy, but hell, cant they come up with an awesome survival feature these days? I know I must sound like a whining spoiled brat but mojang seems much more concerned with modifying the non survival aspects of MC. adding commands for mapmakers, while once in a while throwing us a bone. I just hope that in the future we see more of a focus on bringing the survival crowd back into the game by adding really creative and game changing ( but not overwhelming) features.

I'm very eager to try out the new villagers, especially the farmers it would be so cool if other villagers were given actions to carry out. Fisherman would actually fish, blacksmiths would make tools ect. But this all comes with a fear on MR that they will be gone in an instant due to the passives despawning on server saves glitch that has plagued many peoples experience for the past year. As much as I complain though I will never stop playing MR as long as it remains, and I'll be content to anticipate any new things that are added to enhance my enjoyment of the game. (I kinda wish I hadnt ranted this hard about 1.8 but whatever)
By Bu1ld0g
monkeychunks wrote:So most of you know that in 1.8 all iron trenches will be broken however iron farms will still work
FTFY
By Eetrab
mitchie151 wrote:Some of you may know, but rabbits have been confirmed for 1.8
If they procreate like rabbits do in real life, then don't be surprised by the inevitable server crash.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]