Discuss anything regarding MineRealm Classic here.

Do you like the mist?

Yes!
54%
No!
46%
By ALC_awesomes!
I was on Minerealm and the mist came on and it was a pvp free for all. How long does this last? Who likes it? what are ur comments? I know i dont. I think they should take it off.
By diamond_boss
There are already threads for this.
By ColdF3ar
daimond_boss wrote:There are already threads for this.
Suggested and rejected already:
http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopi ... 10&t=15308
http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopi ... 10&t=15333
http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopi ... 10&t=15335

-Edit- Just for people who are to lazy to read through all that, heres info you should know about the mist. Mist happens randomly every 1-6 hours (irl time) or so. It lasts from 7pm sundown to 5am sunrise for 1 night (use the command /time ingame to see). If you do not wish to partake in the mist, simply /home and stay away from spawn and trade until sunrise or log out for a few minuets. There is no need for paranoia, you have a 99% chance of being safe at your home away from spawn and trade (unless you have some very determined enemies who know where your /home is).

If you do partake in mist, /trade camping is acceptable but camping spawn can lead to some deadly outcomes for you. If you kill someone still standing in the immediate spawn area, you too will share in their death so be careful.
Last edited by ColdF3ar on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Sandsnake
ALC_awesomes! wrote:I was on Minerealm and the mist came on and it was a pvp free for all. How long does this last? Who likes it? what are ur comments? I know i dont. I think they should take it off.
To answer your actual questions though - It lasts all minecraft night. Most of us aren't bothered by it as it's not really a problem unless you're sitting at spawn or trade. It's a chance for us to grab some cheap gear and go punch each other for a few minutes if we feel like it.
By Meowrocket
I like it mostly because fights are relatively honour-bound: I've had a 100% return rate on my gear, and I return anyone's gear that wants it back. It's more friendly PVP than Nether PVP or the like, where you're out to ruin days and get the fat loot stacks. Honestly if you do that during Mist someone will lure you to die by killing them at spawn or you'll be mobbed by armourless guys punching you ceaselessly. so it's best to grab an old stone pick and crack some skulls 'til the crack of dawn. :D
By SilentCitizen
Not only does this add a bit more danger to the server (since the server is set to easy difficulty), but it also allows the chance to relieve some stress. Some just consider it a fun addition to the server itself. I have had no issues with "The Mist" itself and sometimes partake in what is happening at spawn during that time (no matter how bad at pvp I am :D).
By Meowrocket
SilentCitizen wrote:Not only does this add a bit more danger to the server (since the server is set to easy difficulty), but it also allows the chance to relieve some stress. Some just consider it a fun addition to the server itself. I have had no issues with "The Mist" itself and sometimes partake in what is happening at spawn during that time (no matter how bad at pvp I am :D).
Mist is actually what got my friend interested in PVP. He missed the message and went to spawn, where he was ambushed. He slaughtered his attackers, having leather armour so he was safer than the unarmoured fighter, and then continued to fight because he enjoyed it. Previously he had hidden from PVP because he thought it was impossible and only people with good armour can play.

He told me that if not for the Mist, he would have never become interested in PVP.
By GaidinBDJ
I see the Mist as completely unnecessary. Those that want to PVP have that option (by going to the Nether or toggling /pvp) and those that don't want to have the option to abstain. Taking the choice away from people randomly doesn't seem like it's going to make anybody happy unless, instead of real PVP against prepared opponents who are willingly participating, you want to just attack random people who aren't prepared or geared to make you think your sword is bigger than it actually is or something.

If anything, it should be made predictable, so you can't be caught unaware. Like it should happen on nights of a full and new moon only.
By ColdF3ar
GaidinBDJ wrote:Instead of real PVP against prepared opponents who are willingly participating, you want to just attack random people who aren't prepared or geared to make you think your sword is bigger than it actually is or something.
Intelli wrote:MineRealm Survival Server
Actually the last time I checked, MineRealm is a survival server. Meaning that there are times were you are going to have to fight to save your life and you may not be prepared. Mobs do it all the time and don't care if /pvp is enabled at all for you. You think a creeper is just going to walk up to you and say "aww too bad pvp is off for him and he doesn't have a sword, instead of exploding i'll just give him a hug". Mist is completely within our scope. And seriously mist is exactly like the nether. If you really really don't want to deal with pvp make sure /map says you are not shown and /home away. The chances of anyone bothering you at home you are so ridiculously minimal. Not to mention it takes literally two seconds to type /home even if someone is coming to kill you at spawn.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]