Discuss anything regarding MineRealm Classic here.
By Sharp_Enderman
On the night of April 3, 2014, the server did it's usual "kick everyone out" routine that's been happening ever since the wipe. However when I logged back in, I noticed some things.

The first thing I noticed was my primary villager breeder had been wiped. Luckily I had just enough villagers that I was hoping to trade with still in holding that I was able to start over again. The villagers you see are the result of that. It then occurred to me to check my secondary breeder and iron golem spawning cells. All of these were wiped as well. After I saw this, I just ragequit for a bit.

Today I realized that I didn't check on my cows, chickens, sheep, horse, or donkeys. Sure enough, my cows and chickens had been wiped. However chickens are easy to replace with eggs so no biggy. They're already back. My sheep also made it out untouched. Unfortunately my horse wasn't so lucky, but my donkeys were.

I'm expecting absolutely no help from staff which honestly aggravates me a little bit. After all, I lost all of this work due to a server issue that was outside of my power to stop. Hopefully not too many people were affected as drastically as this and these frequent server meltdowns are solved soon. Nobody enjoys having their work undone.

P.S.
I checked austinhenkel's plots as well. I found that 14 of 16 villager baskets on his iron golem spawning cells had been wiped along with all of his cows, sheep, and two horses. I didn't bother to post any screenshots of any of this because I'm not here to complain on his behalf, but he was screwed just as hard by this as I was.
By society
Sharp_Enderman wrote:On the night of April 3, 2014, the server did it's usual "kick everyone out" routine that's been happening ever since the wipe. However when I logged back in, I noticed some things.

The first thing I noticed was my primary villager breeder had been wiped. Luckily I had just enough villagers that I was hoping to trade with still in holding that I was able to start over again. The villagers you see are the result of that. It then occurred to me to check my secondary breeder and iron golem spawning cells. All of these were wiped as well. After I saw this, I just ragequit for a bit.

Today I realized that I didn't check on my cows, chickens, sheep, horse, or donkeys. Sure enough, my cows and chickens had been wiped. However chickens are easy to replace with eggs so no biggy. They're already back. My sheep also made it out untouched. Unfortunately my horse wasn't so lucky, but my donkeys were.

I'm expecting absolutely no help from staff which honestly aggravates me a little bit. After all, I lost all of this work due to a server issue that was outside of my power to stop. Hopefully not too many people were affected as drastically as this and these frequent server meltdowns are solved soon. Nobody enjoys having their work undone.

P.S.
I checked austinhenkel's plots as well. I found that 14 of 16 villager baskets on his iron golem spawning cells had been wiped along with all of his cows, sheep, and two horses. I didn't bother to post any screenshots of any of this because I'm not here to complain on his behalf, but he was screwed just as hard by this as I was.
I think it would be best if you post this in the technical issues thread if you're concerned that it's a widespread game breaking bug as described: http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=132
By Rixih
Sharp_Enderman wrote: I'm expecting absolutely no help from staff which honestly aggravates me a little bit. After all, I lost all of this work due to a server issue that was outside of my power to stop. Hopefully not too many people were affected as drastically as this and these frequent server meltdowns are solved soon. Nobody enjoys having their work undone.
I honestly laughed a little bit. You weren't the only one affected by the crash, many players were. The issue is being looked into by someone who can actually do something about it. *pets Intelli* The majority of staff are moderators, (AKA everyone but Intelli and Rokkr.) Beyond our powers to kick and ban people all we can do for you is lookup, rollback, or restore actions done by players. So basically if a player didn't kill your mobs all the moderators have nothing to offer you. You not receiving help isn't due to us NOT offering or wanting to help, but us not actually being ABLE to help. It was as much out of our power as it was yours. :)
If I could restore my entire sheep farm that de-spawned that'd be lovely.
If only I were some nifty minecraft magician!
On another note if you'd like me to "/kick server for killing sharps mobs" I'll be happy to assist you. ;)
By Sharp_Enderman
VVolfie wrote:You weren't the only one affected by the crash, many players were.
That's unfortunate.
VVolfie wrote:On another note if you'd like me to "/kick server for killing sharps mobs" I'll be happy to assist you. ;)
Yes, pliz. Like, now.
By SkullRose
It isn't the first time something like this has happened. It really does suck to work so hard to just lose everything. Ssjbloodwar stopped playing a few months ago because he lost his entire horse collection. He had almost every type of horse and he spent a lot of time and gold breeding them. Gave free horses to anyone that wanted them and one day during a lag spike they were gone along with his villagers and other animals. I remember a lot of people complained that the same happened to them. Sadly nothing was done and he stopped playing.

I hope things will be different for you.
By Grelman
This happens to people on a semi-regular basis. Nothing will be done about it very soon. So I've just given up the idea of having animals. and only go near my villagers in between server saves.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]