Discuss anything regarding MineRealm Classic here.
So, let's say I wrote a program that moved my player around and placed blocks. Then I built a large empty room to fill up with dirt or something in an effort to credit mine. Then I set this program loose (this is not academic, I was going to try this and built the room and started developing the program. I wired an ardiuno to a keyboard controller ans was close to a workable program before I abandoned it.) The program (not the one I wrote) has built in variations in how the blocks are placed so there is no way you could know for sure that it was not a player. Finally, I had a program (maybe the same one, maybe a different one) that watched chat and responded to inquiries from staff AND I changed those responses frequently so even that varied........

This would obviously be not acceptable and bannable, but if done very cleverly would unlikely result in a ban. Does that make it ok, NO! The spirit of the rule is to require players to actually be playing the game to get stuff (drops, XP, credits, swag?, etc). The exception is already stated - a farm or grinder that does not require player input. The crux of the matter is player required input should come from a human player (preferably the one that owns the account but I don't think anyone is using HITs services to play MC). Tape is not a human player. A clicking program is not a human player. It just doesn't fly and should always be against the rules.

Sharp_E, I know you would love to be able to grind like this but I disagree that it is an acceptable thing to do unless it is your finger is on the mouse button. Keep in mind that it makes fishing super easy and is worth fishing in this manner.

-gallinka
Sharp_Enderman wrote:
eah2119 wrote:You're forgetting the fact that this fishing thing is a glitch and an exploit. It was never intended by the developers for fishing to be an afk thing.
Rarely are these things ever meant to be taken as far as the developer's often see them taken. Iron farms still being a suitable example.
Rokkrwolf312 wrote:Now you are just going off-topic.
Just because you can't follow, doesn't mean I'm going off of the topic. Examples are usually a great method for getting others to see your point. However there are those occasions where either one or both parties are either too ignorant or stubborn to give.
As soon as they added iron golems, they knew people would use them to farm iron. They've nerfed iron farms, but didn't remove them completely. Iron farming is quite different from an exploit.

I could just rephrase my statement by saying the developers never intended for you to control the game without actually controlling the game. Mojang can't stop you from doing this, but the staff on this server certainly will by handing out bans.
cubeguy314 wrote:Furthermore, if this were a glitch/exploit, wouldn't it have been fixed 10 updates ago?
They probably haven't fixed it because it would require too many changes to the mechanics for what it's worth. Or they just have too much on their plate and can't worry about this.
Last edited by eah on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gallinka wrote:The spirit of the rule is to require players to actually be playing the game to get stuff (drops, XP, credits, swag?, etc).
Most rules require common sense to be competently applied. This rule is no exception.
eah2119 wrote:You're forgetting the fact that this fishing thing is a glitch and an exploit.
Source, please. If you can back that up, I'll quit throwing my tantrum.
eah2119 wrote:You're forgetting the fact that this fishing thing is a glitch and an exploit. It was never intended by the developers for fishing to be an afk thing.
This is why I personally have an issue with auto-clicking of any form, including taping down a mouse button to sustain a right-click input.

There are some items that Mojang have allowed to be collected using the game mechanics and that require only that the chunks be loaded, provided that the game conditions (farm set up) are correct. There are other things (eg XP, fish) that Mojang have deemed can only be collected via player interaction. To override this by artificially sending a player input while the player is not present is breaching the intent of the game, and as such should be regarded as cheating or exploiting.
Rick wrote:So, what if I taped my finger to the mouse, and went to sleep? Would this be considered illegal AFK farming or legal because it involves human interaction?
Rokkrwolf312 wrote:if staff questioned you and no response you'd probably get banned.
TeeJayDub wrote:There are other things (eg XP, fish) that Mojang have deemed can only be collected via player interaction.
You're forgetting that the only way to have a fully automatic XP farm via clicking is to use mods or an auto-clicker. You don't need any such assistance for a fully automatic fish farm.
Sharp_Enderman wrote:You're forgetting that the only way to have a fully automatic XP farm via clicking is to use mods or an auto-clicker. You don't need any such assistance for a fully automatic fish farm.
You still need to emulate player interaction, and that's what I take issue with. You're arguing over the level of assistance required to successfully emulate that action. I'm arguing against any such emulation at all.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]