Discuss anything regarding MineRealm Classic here.
Emershaan wrote:This may sound weird coming from me of all people, but I'm actually for a map wipe and credit reimbursement.

If current realms are preserved -exactly- as-is, we'll end up with an even more mangled landscape with old, boringly-generated land amongst new, fabulous land. The major changes and additions to world generation and new blocks in 1.8 just make it more reasonable to let the new map generate normally and give people back their credits to re-establish their cities and businesses quickly in opportune locations. Plus, people seem to really love the 'new map' phase every time.

Don't flip out, just my opinion.
Not much to say but, Once I've read through the whole thread. I completely, whole-heartily agree with you. In the past, I've loved the race for spawn realms, and the gathering of materials and seeing who will come out above each go around.
By Kress91
I've seen the code in action.

Everything will work out fine, guys. I promise.
By Prodigy9
Quentijn wrote:Then again on the other hand its wouldnt be fair to lose all your gathered resources ... Maybe a big buy-up thro a script with mediocre prices might be fair? Idk just putting an idea out there
Don't think a scripted buy-out of resources would happen, but if we do get a complete server wipe (even private realms wiped, entirely new map created as replacement), it would be nice to have player inventory data carry over. It would still be a complete reboot of the landscape, which it seems lots of people like, but it would also allow us to take a few valuable resources to get started on the new server.
Kress91 wrote:I've seen the code in action.

Yeah, I think everyone here trusts Intelli to carry out the transition... we're just arguing among ourselves as to our own personal preferences. :mrgreen:
Kress91 wrote:I've seen the code in action.

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE.
By FaeynHeart
Intelli wrote:Hey everyone,

UPDATE 12/15/2011:
The MineRealm survival map is now deemed permanent, and will not ever be wiped in the future.

Thanks!
Yay! :D
Though, I had no doubt that it wouldn't be wiped, I'm still at peace.
By mitch1423

UPDATE 12/15/2011:
The MineRealm survival map is now deemed permanent, and will not ever be wiped in the future.

Thanks!
Hopefully new updates for Minecraft will break the map and we will have to wipe.
By physaux

UPDATE 12/15/2011:

Thanks!
Oh.. man.. gotta say that announcement aint music to my ears... Owell I guess we can just wait, maybe eventually for some unforseen reason the community will want a wipe. The community has spoken, and and it is nice that the Admins listened.
By Prodigy9
BlockMan wrote:

UPDATE 12/15/2011:

Thanks!
Never?
1) Will inactive players private realms still be discontinued after 30 days?
2) Is it possible to monopolize a certain commodity; Diamonds, Obsidian, Glow stone?
3) Many public buildings/homes look like the ghetto, (made of dirt and leaves) will we have to manually destroy all of these deficient buildings?
4) Suggestion: Instead of a map wipe on public realms, could we possibly change the map seed every so often to switch things up a bit?
1) I would assume so, as there's nothing to suggest otherwise.
2) You can monopolize any item if you have the only large supply of it. Glowstone? Possibly (pretty sure the Nether is already close to empty). Diamonds? Probably not (there are plenty of unmined areas with plentiful diamonds). Obsidian? Not a chance--you can make more with lava (which is extremely plentiful in underground areas) and water (which is unlimited).
3) Erm, why are you destroying other players' homes?
4) Changing the map seed wouldn't do anything unless there was also a public realm wipe--once a chunk has been spawned for the first time (and IIRC they all have been, thanks to a code Intelli ran during the last wipe), it will not change unless its part of the map was wiped.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]