Discuss anything regarding MineRealm Classic here.
By Agentred
The problem is not diamonds simply running out. Long before that, a lot of the public realms will quickly become mined on and there will be less and less nice land. More and more times you will run into other people's mines. Keep in mind this will takes flipping ages.
Agentred wrote:The problem is not diamonds simply running out. Long before that, a lot of the public realms will quickly become mined on and there will be less and less nice land. More and more times you will run into other people's mines. Keep in mind this will takes flipping ages.
This is a good point.
I live on the corner of the map and still run into other people's mines all the time. Also, I mine a lot so I've certainly affected some poor person's future realms in the area around me. ~90% of the map is still free but much more than that has been used in some way.
Agentred wrote:The problem is not diamonds simply running out. Long before that, a lot of the public realms will quickly become mined on and there will be less and less nice land. More and more times you will run into other people's mines. Keep in mind this will takes flipping ages.
Anyone who thinks that the diamonds are running out, is flat out stupid, or just extremely lazy. If you think about how big the map is, and how much is touched. You will realize that there is:
BSGSamuel wrote:There are 625x625 chunks on the map. Each chunk contains one diamond ore vein. Let's say the average vein contains 4 diamonds. 625x625x4 = 1 562 500 diamonds.
And pretty much every one as Fortune III picks, so at an average of say, 2.5 diamonds per ore. That's about 3,906,250 diamonds, and probably more still left out there.
FaeynHeart wrote:I haven't found a diamond since I started playing again. It's a tough life using only steel...
Funny that, I was selling about 27 diamond the other day...

And someone just sold a stack of diamond blocks...
You know, I am now curious. How will new items and such be introduced into minerelam as minecraft gets updated. In the latest update, nether quartz is to be introduced. And what if in another a new biome type will come into play.
By Eetrab
McFattyXXXL wrote:You know, I am now curious. How will new items and such be introduced into minerelam as minecraft gets updated. In the latest update, nether quartz is to be introduced. And what if in another a new biome type will come into play.
I think areas like the wild (and the to-be-implemented 'nether-wild') would be periodically wiped and loaded with new chunks, which include some of the new, naturally generated features added to the game.
Eetrab wrote:
McFattyXXXL wrote:You know, I am now curious. How will new items and such be introduced into minerelam as minecraft gets updated. In the latest update, nether quartz is to be introduced. And what if in another a new biome type will come into play.
I think areas like the wild (and the to-be-implemented 'nether-wild') would be periodically wiped and loaded with new chunks, which include some of the new, naturally generated features added to the game.
Yup, that's the plan. The nether wild probably won't need to be wiped as often since new blocks in the nether are unusual.

Also, nice mega-necro Faeynheart.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]